Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Global Services Sales Leader is responsible for leading the Global Services Sales team, creating and building out our global Services Sales model. Are you someone who can lead a team to execute against a plan to deliver customer success and meet and exceed financial targets? Can you work cross functionally, selling Services offerings, rapidly growing adoption of Splunk products, offerings and use cases into new market areas and our customers’ ecosystems? If the answer to these questions is yes and you bring a real passion for building a positive customer experience, then please read on.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the Services Sales regions and theaters (AMER, EMEA, APAC, Pub Sec), ensuring the achievement of Services bookings targets, increasing attach rates and enabling license teams to sell services.
- Effectively communicate the Services strategy, goals, objectives and results to customers, internal license teams and partners. In addition, communicate the overall strategy succinctly to the Field organization.
- Craft an overarching global plan for services sales, encompassing the regional account plans for continued growth of the Services business and maintain continuous alignment with the Sales Organization.
- Drive Services attach rate for the overall Global Services Sales team
- In this role, you will work closely with the license Sales Leadership team and participate in QBR’s and forecast meetings to get results.
- Establish relationships at the C-level of the largest partners and customers in the region.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Field leadership teams, including Splunk account teams and partners nationally on the strategy for large opportunities (in partnership with the direct team), helping to position service delivery and best practices to deliver security solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in Sales within a software company
- 7+ years plus in senior level leadership roles in pre-sales and/or services sales
- 7+ years of experience managing a Sales team
- Experience in designing and leading teams in landing key initiatives, education of offerings and services and sales process.
- Experienced in training teams in various sales methodologies and complex sales training (eg. Spin, Challenger, Miller-Hyman, etc.)
- Proven track record of mentoring and developing next gen leaders
- Quantifiable sales success and expertise in leading teams to sell software, services, and related products and solutions to customers, with track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas
- Keen understanding of key Services, including Education, Customer Success Management (CSM), Professional Services, Premium Support (sometimes known as mission critical or business critical support in the industry).
- History of building/growing a high-growth, successful team, driving increased revenue year over year
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Business or relevant technical field experience. (Bonus points will be given for MBA or Masters' Degrees)
- Proven ability to build a scalable Services Sales model in a fast-growing environment
- Travel is required up to 75%, possibly more at peak times
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.