Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Are you a cloud-experienced builder who thinks strategically, can engage with multiple stakeholders across an organization, and can drive key initiatives from inception to launch? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the job for you.
We are seeking a Global Technical Partner Development Manager to expand customer-impact with our largest cloud service provider by driving new engagement and interaction across Amazon’s professional services, solutions architecture, and specialists teams, and with the partner community engaged in accelerating our customers’ journeys to the cloud. In this role, you have the opportunity and autonomy to create the technical strategy, define the right points of alignment, and deliver value across Splunk’s portfolio to joint customers. This role requires a deep understanding of Splunk’s solutions, relevant customer use cases, and how to best engage with AWS’s technical teams to create long-lasting customer impact.
- Work with Splunk Sales, SAs, partners, and existing Splunk customers to define focused and creative solutions aligned to business outcomes for customers.
- Identify cross-functional stakeholder teams that can drive the design and execution of partner solution strategies, including surfacing customer-relevant solutions, working with key stakeholders to align and target Splunk partners, and launching new assets to yield business outcomes.
- Create a "Solutions Hub” flywheel, a repeatable and agile process to output solutions that can be taken to market with high velocity and that drive incremental Splunk iACV and ARR.
- Partner with develop enablement strategy for global AWS field teams (Sales/SA/PS/Partner) to ensure that AWS technical teams understand where Splunk fits in the AWS architecture, how Splunk’s security, observability, and ITOps solutions can solve their customer's technical and business problems, and that Splunk is top of mind
- Work with partner marketing to identify key tactics, resources, and timing needed to successfully execute the solution strategies and uncover net-new opportunities.
- Align with technical champions within AWS SA’s and ProServe communities to engage Splunk early in the technical design of new solutions and methodologies to ensure customer feasibility.
- Build, maintain, and grow technical Executive relationships across Amazon.
- Create mechanism and best practice, document, and manage technical interactions with AWS development and transformation teams.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry (partner, AWS, GCP, or Azure preferred).
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and cloud infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure)
- 8+ yrs overall experience in developing & driving partner practice maturity.
- 5+ years of AWS based design, implementation, or consulting in applications and/or cloud infrastructures experience
- 5+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud infrastructure architecture, database architecture, and networking
- 5+ years of relevant experience in technology/software sales
- Experience in the Security, Observability, and Analytics verticals with customer & partners cases, such as SIEM, SOAR, data lakes, and ingest/egress of large datasets.
- Prior experience helping Partners (all scale) and consulting partners build practices focused on cloud migration - de-risking and acceleration.
- Knowledge of different security/ observability offerings and services from other ISV’s, and in-depth understanding of this market.
- Consistently exceeds key performance metrics, with hands on experience negotiating enterprise contracts with F100 companies
- Technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/radical technologies like open source software, virtualization, and Software as a Service delivery models.
- Develop outstanding joint value propositions and product strategy within AWS and in the Technical communities.
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure and adoption.
- Broad based technology experience including cloud computing, big data analytics, networking, security, and infrastructure management.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. public/private clouds, compute/storage/networking, Software/Platform/Infrastructure-as-a-Service). Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment concepts.
- Bonus if you have Cloud Certifications: AWS Solution Architect, AWS Solution Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer
- Master’s Degree in business or related fields is a plus.
- USA Remote: Location: anywhere in the USA (role is remote USA; not able to offer relocation) Global travel may be required.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) ranges are guidelines and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
OTE Pay Ranges
For sales roles the ranges are expressed as On Target Earning or OTE (OTE = base + incentives in the form of sales incentive plans).
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
On Target Earnings: $220,000.00 - 302,500.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
On Target Earnings: $201,600.00 - 277,200.00 per year