Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced leader, who is inventive and creative, to build a sustainable strategy with a set of managed Global System Integrators (GSIs). In this role you will be responsible for working with several large, influential and high potential partners to craft repeatable service offerings and capabilities to deliver business growth for the partners and for Splunk. The seniority of the role demonstrates Splunk’s deep commitment to developing our partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner leadership. As a Partner Development Manager (PDM) you will represent Splunk to the GSIs, communicate our strategy, sell our vision and bring partners along on our journey to $5B and beyond.
Success will depend on your ability to balance strategic-thinking with tactical execution; build effective and enduring relationships; drive highly cross-functional processes; and blend product and industry expertise with pragmatic considerations to focus on tangible outcomes.
- Focusing on a defined set of GSI Partners that are currently executing with Splunk in various markets, assess current market trends, the partners’ areas of strength, current capabilities and the Partners’ aspirations to build a joint business plan with Splunk. The business plans will define how the Partners’ plan to deliver growth through their investment in developing Splunk-powered services offerings.
- Ensure partners are enabled on Splunk strategy and solutions.
- Lead development and execution of any necessary agreements to instrument partnership or go-to-market motions
- Develop executive relationships across the defined GSI partners’ service lines.
- Conduct day-to-day program management with relevant internal and Partner stakeholders; play a “quarterback” role to lead competing cross-functional priorities.
- Coordinate go-to-market execution with regional Partner Sales Manager (PSM) colleagues, and continuously assess alliance performance metrics and outcomes.
- 10+ years of experience in core sales experience, business development, alliance management in the software industry.
- Experience and relationships with managing one or more of the following GSIs while in a similar role at an Enterprise Software and/or SaaS company: CapGemini, DXC, HCL, NTT, TCS, Wipro
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders by defining and communicating a business plan.
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Inclusive and collaborative – able to drive teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Embrace change and contribute to the overall success of Splunk
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking to audiences large and small.
- Location: Live near our San Jose or San Francisco offices
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.