Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
At Splunk, we believe that data can make for better business and a better world. From the $100 million Splunk Pledge, to community volunteering and partnerships with organizations across sectors, our mission is to leverage Splunk's people and products to power real social change. Splunk for Good has a need for a Global Impact Technology Manager to help grow our social impact team. This is an exciting role for someone passionate about building new and innovative technology solutions in collaboration with our partners, working to address some of the most complex challenges using the power of Splunk technology.
The Global Impact Technology Manager will play a critical role in advising, designing, implementing and building Splunk projects, products and services in collaboration with our global nonprofit partners. We’re looking for someone who is passionate and execution-oriented to build technology-driven solutions that address the most critical needs of leading global nonprofit brands and causes.
You will work at the intersection of Splunk’s business and the nonprofit sector to drive technology engagements and success with our nonprofit customers. You will be a technology evangelist for Splunk in the nonprofit community and a fierce advocate for nonprofits within Splunk.
You will operate across multiple Splunk business units to leverage resources in support of our nonprofit partners using a unique combination of technical and project management experience, understanding of Splunk’s internal teams, and an ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Technical Enablement – Work with Global Nonprofit Success Manager and nonprofit partners to identify technical solutions, features, and product bundles that can help accelerate user adoption.
- Build Technical Solutions – Work as part of the Splunk Impact Technology team to develop apps, extensions, capabilities in support of nonprofit customers and causes. Flex your Splunk muscles in building cutting-edge proofs of concept leveraging Splunk, open and other data, and our latest and greatest product functionality.
- Project Management – Work with internal and external stakeholders to scope, lead and successfully execute technical projects, products, and deliverables against established timelines. You will help establish frameworks for the Splunk for Good Impact Technology team, and work to recruit, build and coordinate teams of Splunk engineers and volunteers to deliver social impact projects.
- Customer Success – Continually track nonprofit customer health and identify ways to drive discovery, enablement, adoption and success. Develop long-term relationships with key nonprofit customers and become a strategic partner and advocate for them within Splunk. Identify customer needs, contribute to and drive the development of applications, solutions and bundles.
- Evangelize and Advocate - You will be a technology evangelist for Splunk in the nonprofit community and a fierce advocate for nonprofits within Splunk, building projects in support of organizations providing disaster relief, fighting human trafficking, detecting wildfires, and/or driving balanced and sustainable solutions globally. You will collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to collaborate with product and technical teams, deliver the right solutions, drive product innovation, and share your experience and stories via Splunk for Good blogs, social media and web.
- Passion for driving impact
- Splunk implementation experience
- Programming experience in Python and Bash
- Forge strong cross-functional working relationship across sectors, functions and geographies, both inside and outside of Splunk.
- Strong communication skills to convey a clear point of view and communicate clearly across global teams, in public presentations, and as an ambassador for Splunk and Splunk for Good.
- Adept at synthesizing competing inputs from multiple stakeholders.
- Interest and ability to learn and understand the application of new technologies to pressing global challenges.
- High energy self-starter; able to work quickly and effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and opportunities.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills; results-oriented with a deep understanding of data-driven outcomes.
- Technical skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years Splunk experience, including app development and advanced Splunk skills. Experience with machine learning a plus.
- Python. D3. Statistics. Working with REST API's AND Splunk
- Experience writing code/scripting in Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- Experience using diverse data sources, including open data, public data, and social media data sets to create visualizations that showcase Splunk technology.
- Experience leveraging data science to construct predictive models, establish correlations, and identify patterns between disparate data sets.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience/abilities) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study.
- Ability to travel up to 20%+ pending location
What we screen for:
Technical depth in Splunk skills; please anticipate that you will be required to develop a Splunk application as part of the interview process
- Previous experience in enterprise or web-based applications group
- Technical depth in building web applications
- Experience presenting to technical and non-technical audiences, please anticipate you will be required to present something during the interview.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.