The Global Immigration and Mobility Specialist will promote the globalization of talent to allow our various businesses to attract and engage top talent worldwide. As the central point of contact for all immigration matters, you will be Splunk’s subject matter expert. You will oversee and coordinate all of the day-to-day program activities. You will also drive the creation, improvement, and implementation of program policies and processes in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Talent Acquisition, HR, and HRIS.
- Manage the relationship with our outside immigration counsel and promote a high level of service delivery standards.
- Collaborate with outside immigration counsel to provide solutions to enable and promote business objectives.
- Facilitate compliance with all requirements related to the application for and maintenance of immigration benefits, including the submission of visas and employment authorization applications.
- Respond appropriately to any inquiries from or inspections by government enforcement/compliance agencies.
- Monitor and communicate status of pending immigration matters to clients, partners, and stakeholders and share/cascade the information as needed and as appropriate.
- Coordinate the monthly billing and invoice payment process in compliance with Finance/Accounts Payable requirements.
- Monitor significant developments in the area of global immigration and communicate accordingly to our internal partners, stakeholders, and employees
- Provide periodic and ad hoc reports on key metrics.
- Facilitate internal educational/informational opportunities for our clients, partners and stakeholders, such as online content, training sessions, town hall meetings, and attorney office hours.
- Coordinate with Talent Acquisition and Talent Operations to ensure seamless on-boarding and a quality candidate/employee experience.
- Partner with various internal programs with overlapping responsibilities related to immigration (ex., Payroll, Corporate Security, HRIS, HR Shared Services, Legal).
- 5+ years of experience in global immigration with a multinational company and a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience). Experience as a paralegal with an immigration law firm is preferred.
- Deep expertise with global immigration in various jurisdictions, including familiarity with compliance requirements, as well as forms and supporting documents.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve complex immigration challenges within a multinational company.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage confidently with various levels within an organization.