Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat Strategy and Operations Leader, with deep SaaS experience? Are you ready to play a mission-critical role in the scale-up of rapidly growing enterprise software business, with customer value, experience, retention and growth at the core? If so, Splunk is in need of an experienced, outcome-driven candidate with extraordinary strategic, quantitative, communication, and program management skills to define, optimize and scale our customer success management adoption and retention strategy, processes and cross-functional interlocks.
The Global Head of Strategy & Operations for Adoption and Retention will be accountable for the development, planning and execution of Splunk’s overall Adoption and Retention strategy and driving a measurable impact on key outcomes like adoption, customer outcomes, retention, annual revenue, expansion, cost to serve, time to value etc.
The role will see you working with your own team of strategy and operations professionals and driving cross-functional collaboration with adjacent Renewal Sales, Customer Success, Revenue Operations, Finance, Sales, Product and GTM teams.
- Lead development, planning and execution of Splunk’s overall Adoption and Retention strategy and initiatives. Make a measurable impact on key outcomes like retention, annual revenue, expansion, cost to sell/serve, verified outcomes, time to value etc.
- Be a thought leader. Incorporate Adoption and Retention leading practices and current and future market, product/technology and customer dynamics into our strategy and priorities. Use external and internal insights and data to inform the strategic roadmap.
- Influence executive leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the Adoption and Retention business objectives, priorities, cross functional dependencies, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting delivery
- Attract, grow and retain top talent to focus on our key strategy and operations capabilities/pillars: Strategic Planning and Execution, Business Intelligence and Operations, Enablement, Specialization and Adoption, and Verified Outcomes
- Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Lead and develop the quarterly and annual strategic planning process and partner with CS leadership and Finance and cross functional partners to align financial execution to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Design strategic initiatives/programs and partner, influence, and support the CSM and Renewals teams. Develop roadmap and operational plan against priorities.
- Program manage cross-functional Customer Success initiatives, define and track program KPIs/OKRs. Measure and track delivery ROI on identified opportunities.
- Design an effective interlock where the Strategy team works in strong collaboration with all other business functions to execute on the strategy.
- Support content for executive level presentations (QBRs, Strategy Narratives, etc.).
- Business Operations and Intelligence:
- Responsible for performance measurement, operating cadence, capacity planning, coverage modeling, forecasting, diagnostics, insights, platforms, data quality, compensation management & financial planning.
- Work with the global CSM and Renewal Sales leadership to plan and evolve coverage models for high touch customer success management and at-scale customer advocacy, all while evolving the sophistication of the models, optimizing cost to serve, and aligning with customer expectations for what outcome-oriented service looks like.
- Improve performance through data-driven insights and reporting that monitors, projects, and accounts for results; creating a positive impact on revenue generation and the customer adopt, expand, renew life cycle. Bring together win/loss reasons; capitalizing on wins as best practices and identifying root cause for losses. Create and execute initiatives to reduce losses and improve win rates.
- Lead and partner to improve processes and predictive data analytics related to the renewal motion including renewal risk, upsell, cross sell, adoption and churn.
- Partner cross functionally to create the right policy, processes, data and systems strategy to run a true recurring revenue business (renewals automation, quote automation, predictive forecasting and forecasting/quote automation, zero touch renewals).
- Responsible for the availability and accuracy of all information related to renewals pipeline, opportunities, total ARR under management, and any related reporting or dashboarding.
- Provide insights at the push of a button that influence the Product Roadmap for improved retention and expansion.
- Prepare operational review content to present successes to senior leadership, with focus on key drivers of renewal and adoption results.
- Enablement and Specialization:
- Define learning outcomes, curriculum and prescriptive learning paths to ensure our CSM’s and Renewals Sales (RSR) teams have the right capabilities to deliver customer and business outcomes. Continue to develop our people and evolve the team capabilities and structure based on evolving business, buying center, customer and technology needs.
- Build the right specialization strategy for our CSM’s and RSR’s and a framework to drive scalable domain expertise, improving adoption, reducing churn and ensuring customer outcomes for Security and Observability for ITOps and DevOps and new platform technology.
- Adoption and Outcomes Delivery:
- Mature and scale our Adopt to Renew motion by enabling a shift to a focus on quantifiably improving outcomes realization and speed of value delivery for our customers. Define customer value benchmarks for product families and/or verticals and develop the strategy and mechanisms to capture, report on, and communicate this value to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Continue to build and optimize a digital and data led outcomes focused A2R (adopt to renew) engine with the right content, messaging and marketing delivered to customers where (product) and when (based on journey) they need it.
- Reduce churn and increase renewal rates, net retention, and customer lifetime value through product adoption, rapid customer value creation, and proactive customer health monitoring and forecasting.
What you bring:
- Strategic thinking, thought leadership and foresight: You anticipate market changes, forecast and track changes in customer expectations and quickly mobilize and strategize to guide the required adoption and retention transformations
- A passion for delighting customers and growth. You’re a pro using data driven insights to guide actions and outcomes. You can hire, develop, train and build a high-performing team that efficiently aligns with the Adoption and Retention team and broader Splunk.
- You have a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models and the financial P&L and operating metrics relevant to a CS organization.
- Interpersonal, networking and influencing skills: Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders and customers at every level. Influence alignment and prioritization of initiatives critical to delivering the strategy. You embrace change and have a proven ability to motivate and influence across functions. Accurately summarize and present complex principles to an executive audience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: interpreting and leveraging data insights for constantly enhancing customer experience. Committed to analyzing and anticipating situations, defining problems and objectives, recognizing alternatives and formulating solutions in a complex environment.
- Ability to understand business objectives and align strategic initiatives accordingly: have a clear understanding of the company’s business objectives and ability to align and resource initiatives to contribute to the achievement of customer and business goals.
- Long term strategic outlook and ability to break it down into achievable and measurable roadmaps: You can visualize the desired end result and then work backwards to plan, strategize and execute.
- Data-driven mindset and an aptitude for technology
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a SaaS company leading post-sales customer-facing and operations roles.
- 5+ years leading Customer Success and Renewal teams with accountability for business results.
- 5+ years of strategy and operations experience leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience implementing commercial analytics and driving operational excellence.
- Deep understanding of SaaS and Enterprise Sales business model with understanding of customer lifecycle measures and SaaS revenue streams.
- Experience supporting a quota carrying sales/renewals team and driving sales productivity.
- A strong passion for delivering value to customers.
- Experience scaling global teams during hyper growth phase.
- Deep experience with Salesforce.com and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue Management software (i.e. Gainsight).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.