Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This position is responsible for selling the products in Splunk’s new Observability suite. Splunk Observability is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We’re making a difference in the modern application development space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. If you want to work for a game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.
This is a quota carrying, external field position. Ability to articulate complex solutions, build and maintain executive level relationships, and navigate across customer organizations/business units is required.
- Assist in delivering product and technical demos/presentations to potential customers.
- Help close opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and understanding of the DEM landscape
- Share technical and market intelligence with the broader Splunk team
- Help land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities for Observability
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, uncharted opportunities.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management informed in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute sales strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer demos and/or product training as necessary.
- You will have 3-5 years of direct SaaS sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- Passion and ability to educate customers/prospects on solutions and risks that are significant to their business and to construct an evaluation plan that meets their needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- Experience in consultative solutions selling in APM, security or related software
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Highly motivated and well-developed business acumen
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.