Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful operations and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join its dynamic Global Business Operations (GBO) team to boost Splunk’s fast-growing business. The GBO team ensures data driven decision-making and operations scaling throughout the company. As a member of the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical, and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are an individual who wonders what if? And are relentless in seeking out the solution.
This individual will play an important role in how we “bring data to everything” with expertise and passion to help scale Splunk teams and the business across the globe.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Join a geographically dispersed, high-performing and hard-working team of Business Operations Managers. Your love for combining data-backed evidence with business context will help produce actionable recommendations for cross-functional teams across Splunk
- Establishing cross-functional relations is critical to succeed in this role. Partner with the leaders and teams across Sales and Marketing in defining metrics against their operating plan / business strategy. Identify scorecards comprising of both leading and lagging metrics that cross-functional teams should be measuring performance against on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Provide guidelines on how to set weekly/monthly targets for select metrics. Track results against the targets systemically, conduct the root-cause analysis, and present data-backed findings to senior leaders periodically
- Establish and manage the operational cadence including weekly operational reviews, monthly and quarterly business reviews and annual planning cycles.
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver Splunk-wide metrics and analysis in the form of W/M/QBR reports to drive key business decisions.
- Collaborate with the data analytics team to establish a single repository of automated metrics. Until metric automation is complete, maintain detailed knowledge of existing and emerging data sources for metrics.
- Support initiatives across GBO and be an active participant on this team. Support the modeling and development recommendations to GBO Data Scientists as they develop various forecast models
- Identify areas of improvement in existing operating plans. Provide recommendation and work with the Financial Planning team on annual operating goals setting for next fiscal year.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. Thrives in a fast paced environment and is independently capable of seeking information, rallying resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives on combining business and product judgment. Has an ability to work well across teams to solve impactful business problems, and has done so at a fast-growing technology company.
- You’ve had Business Operations, management consulting, investing, analytics, growth, and/or product management.
- Understands drivers and moving parts in fast growth companies, and has led change at the highest level
Education: Got it!
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience in strategic, analytical or operational roles
- Excellent problem-framing and problem-solving skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).