Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Are you looking to make an impact?
The work you do will directly influence the experience the careers of your direct reports. As Functional Manager, you will create meaningful relationships with your team focusing on team development and resourcing. You will make a deep impact through strategic workforce planning and your natural inspirational leadership. Are you up for the challenge?
What will you be doing?
- Manage team compliance and operational cadence – time and expense, ensure project status is completed by team, compliance & ethics, etc
- Approve time, expenses, PTO, and complete other management approvals and administrative requirements on time
- Build workforce plans to ensure the right mix of staff and skills to meet the business needs
- Recruit, hire, on-board, and retain people to drive exceptional team performance
- Contribute to ensuring people are being effectively utilised, balancing utilisation with professional development, PTO, best practice contributions, etc.
- Reward and recognise employees that deliver exceptional customer value and set examples of leadership
- Review the performance of team members on a regular basis, and provide written performance plans
- Ensure team is setup for success. Remove roadblocks and issues that negatively impact their performance
- Define and coordinate adequate coaching and mentoring of team, either directly or through others
- Encourage and support professional development and career growth of team
- Motivate your team by building a culture that rewards delivering customer value and developing a world class consulting organization
That sounds great - what experience do you need?
- Solid experience in a Services role, ideally in a software company or industry leading services organization
- Experience directly or indirectly leading a team of staff, including direct experience with:
- Recruiting, ideally as a hiring manager
- Delivering performance reviews
- Building development plans
- Compensation planning
- Talent reviews and succession planning
- Formal and informal recognition programs
- Dealing with complex HR issues
- Experience building business cases and hiring justifications
- Experience with necessary forecasting for the role, revenue, utilization, signings, etc
- Experience with formal coaching and mentoring programs
- Experience working with and across multiple SPLUNK organizations to accomplish business objectives, including IT, HR, Finance, etc.
- Experience developing and leveraging third-party subcontractors
- Experience with regional labor laws
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.