Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies?
This role is for a Software engineer on the Splunk Enterprise Security team which is an analytics-driven SIEM that solves a wide range of security analytics and security operations use cases like security monitoring, advanced threat detection, compliance, incident investigations etc. You will participate and work on both frontend and backend features on cloud and on-prem platforms. You will deliver these features to meet the ever-increasing scalability, performance, and security requirements. You will work closely with Product Management, UX, Customers to shape the roadmap and build solutions which help customers monitor, detect and protect against ever growing cyber threats.
Working directly with customers is one of our core values. In this role, you'll be able to meet customers as they share their experiences, get a first-person view of the state of the art Security Operations Centers, to define and craft new products that streamline analysts' investigations.We have a lean process that focuses on empowering our engineers. And along the way, you will become proficient in Splunk's Search Processing Language (SPL) which will empower you to explore large data sets and to take on endless types of data problems.
- Contribute to the design and development of multiple features in the ultra-high performance system, processing immense amounts of data.
- Participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Pay extra attention to non-functional requirements (Performance, Scalability, Reliability, High Availability).
- Take the scale and performance of the product using Splunk platform innovations, open-source, and cloud tools and technologies.
- Work in an Agile environment and follow scrum practices.
- Receive guidance from Senior engineers/architects for current and strategic features.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve our team's efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes while keeping product quality top of mind.
- Collaborate with members of our team to enhance frameworks and backend components.
- Become well versed in core Splunk technologies as they apply to application development.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience focused on application development.
- Expertise in front-end technologies (HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, etc.)
- A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Coding proficiency in Python (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with other object-oriented programming and languages, such as C++, Java, Scala with the ability to quickly learn new languages
- Understanding of scalable distributed web applications using open source or proprietary technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven track record to effectively work with others within a dynamic environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of relational databases' (Postgres).
- Proponent of test-driven development (TDD) and understanding of CI/CD technologies.
- Experience with secure coding practices..
- Familiarity with orchestration and cloud stack and technologies like K8s, Kinesis, Kafka.
- Familiarity with information security is a huge plus.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with cloud stacks, open source projects, and exploring new technologies.
- Internal technical training and company-wide hackathons.
- A team of extraordinarily capable and dedicated peers.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s offerings.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team-building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments today and modern offices standing by for future times.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: PLN 168,000.00 - 231,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.