Title: Financial Services Industry Consultant (Individual Contributor)
Location: NYC or Boston preferred but will consider candidates in the Philadelphia or D.C. area.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role:
Are you a financial guru, love selling cutting edge technology and want to make a difference in the Financial Services Industry? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk! In this role you will be responsible for creating financial services solutions and assets, acting as a trusted domain guide through the execution of sales plays and workshops for customers and prospects jointly with Splunk’s field sales teams. In addition, you will also build sales assets for the field, and marketing assets which will be used as the basis to drive campaigns. You will also be the company spokesperson and be expected to deliver thought-leading content at industry events and company conferences.
You will act as a liaison between various business units and the product management teams, helping to channel field sales needs and trends back to leadership. You will provide the field with guidance around vertical markets applications as well as horizontal selling campaigns targeting ideal, repeatable customer and prospect profiles. You will also work the Partner organization in theater to support our indirect selling and enablement efforts. A deep understanding of Splunk’s business and the industry will be critical along with possessing a strong sales acumen.
- You will establish credibility with the field organization as a subject matter expert in Financial Services, providing incremental value to the selling motion and customer interactions.
- Develop new solutions to financial services use-cases and build a set of supporting assets for the sales and marketing teams.
- Deliver specific services tied to sales plays and opportunities designed to build, grow, and accelerate pipeline opportunities.
- Evangelize the Splunk financial services solutions internally with the field and externally with partners up-leveling everyone’s knowledge of financial services and Splunk’s capabilities.
- Execute workshops and other meaningful engagements publicly at SplunkLive and .conf or similar venues to help create, grow and accelerate opportunities to close.
- Drive solutions pipeline and adoption with existing customers and prospects as it relates to financial services.
- Assist the field in creating, growing, speeding, and winning financial services business.
- Work closely with supporting teams as a field guide to enhance messaging, field needs and enablement, high-reaching positioning, packaging and pricing.
- 8+ years of high-tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting
- 7+ years in system / solution sales within large Enterprise accounts.
- Deep expertise and excellent understanding of financial markets and insurance, ecosystems and industry issues.
- Passionate about financial industry and deep experience in trends, standard methodologies and understanding of vertical ups and downs and able to make sound recommendations on disruptive technologies.
- Strong communicator with executive presentation skills and excellent ability to nurture relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, ideally in an engineering or finance related subject.
- History of over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role (selling software into the financial industries) and great customer reputation
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and application development disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of overall ITOA landscape.
- Strong background in data center, Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CxOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- High ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
- Able to nurture and offer leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with sales teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!