Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its Customer Success finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This position reporting into the Customer Success & Partner Finance Senior Director will assist with our long-range Support expense plan and annual budgeting processes, as well as our close and quarter-end reporting processes. You will partner closely with all the Support executives as well as Support operations teams to plan and prioritize supporting the company’s initiatives. This role will also be responsible for total Customer Success consolidated expense and headcount reporting. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity to support Customer Success executives and crucial Finance processes.
Responsibilities - I want to and can do that!
- Support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly Support costing models - update data, improve processes, and distill insights.
- Create monthly and quarterly consolidated Customer Success expense and headcount reports.
- Support our accounting team by building and maintaining monthly accruals models
- Introduce improvements to improve accuracy of processing / reporting and develop data controls to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting.
- Develop and/or enhance policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate.
Requirements - I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal direct supervision
- Comfortable with large sets of data
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.).
- Experience in complex modeling (e.g., Cash Flow, Headcount, forecasting, return on investment assessment, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- Outstanding software and system skills. Excel a must. NetSuite, Anaplan, Workday, Salesforce.com experience a plus.
Education - Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 2 years of related experience (Saas, Investment Banking or Management Consulting experience is a plus)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.