Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This position reporting into the FP&A Finance Operations (FinOps) Senior Manager will be a part of both our transaction and analytics team supporting the FP&A department. You will partner closely with all FP&A leads and business partners across all functions and get to know different businesses across the company. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the FP&A team and learn crucial Finance processes across the organization.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Responsible for FP&A fundamental responsibilities such as authorization to spend or hire by reviewing/approving purchase orders and requisitions to ensure all relevant financial information is accurately recorded.
- Perform monthly and quarterly spend accruals, and publish budget vs. actuals Tableau reporting to assist in spend analysis and expense pacing across different functions.
- Responsible for loading and reconciling headcount and expense data into our forecasting tool.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis under the direction of a senior member of the team.
- Introduce improvements, streamline, and eliminate unnecessary processes and workflow that will enhance the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 0-2 years of related finance experience.
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with some direct supervision as required.
- Basic financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.,)
- Software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite, Workday, SAP experience a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.