Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a high-caliber finance professional to join its finance team in the San Jose office. You will help run the Anaplan application environment for FP&A and will be focused on building and optimizing budgeting, reporting, and forecasting tools for the team.
You will be a key driver of systems and process improvements on the team. In particular, this person will be tasked with optimizing the current system, establishing best-practices to help utilize Anaplan to automate routine processes, and scaling the tool to meet future business needs as the company grows.
Maintenance and Support
- Design, build, and deliver Anaplan models to support Splunk FP&A processes
- Partner with users to understand business requirements and identify new use cases
- Perform data integrations between internal systems and Anaplan; monitor data flows to and from Anaplan platform to ensure all data is up-to-date and accurate
- Identify and formalize best-practices in application building and share them across finance
- Lead, prioritize, and maintain enhancements list from all users
- Build and test proof of concept models Dev environment
- Improvement, maintenance and administration of FP&A models in Anaplan, including data management, user administration, and hierarchy structure and mapping
- Configure and maintain Anaplan lists, modules, dashboards, and other model settings to meet business needs
- Standardize existing FP&A reports, metrics, and dashboards in addition to designing new financial / business reporting packages for senior management
- Support business financial planning cycle and maintain integrations between Anaplan, NetSuite, Workday, Jobvite, and other systems.
- Author user and admin training materials and provide hands-on training sessions to new users
- Document workflow for all new models and maintain knowledge of how each module, list, dashboard, and property flows together
- Partner with FP&A team to understand gaps and pain-points as well as process/tool issues with a goal to craft efficient and effective solutions that streamline, standardize and automate FP&A workflows
- Build a vision for best-in-class finance systems and develop a future road map of where Splunk should invest in the tool(s) and project-manage future implementations from beginning to end
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, MIS or equivalent
- 6+ years minimum experience working with financial planning systems, preferably Anaplan, although experience with Adaptive Insights, or others also considered
- Experience building and maintaining complex Excel files including pivot tables, lookups, and nested IF statements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a technical-aptitude for financial systems development, support, reporting, and automation
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- A passion for business analytics, financial modeling, and strategic-planning
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.