A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of “Best Places to Work” lists and we think it’s because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
We are seeking a high caliber, enthusiastic Finance Manager with experience in the software industry, preferably at a SaaS-based company! In this role, you will partner closely with the Customer Success Manager (CSM) leadership team to meet their strategic financial objectives in addition to owning Customer Success consolidated reporting and modeling. The position reports to the Sr. Director of Customer Success & Marketing Finance.
This position requires focus on both existing and evolving financial metrics consistent with Splunk’s overall business model transition. It is a unique and exciting opportunity for an outstanding leader to collaborate with the Customer Success leadership team and influence strategic decisions via sound data-driven strategic analysis.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will establish collaborative partnerships with key partners (CSM SVP, CS Theater VP’s,, Finance Business Partners) to deliver analytical support and enable insights into business performance
- You will roll up your sleeves and help drive annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial reporting and ongoing analysis for actuals versus plan and/or forecast.
- Build new smart, sustainable, robust financial models for forecasting, planning, and ad hoc analyses and maintain existing models.
- Manage quarter-end executive reporting and presentations, support monthly and quarterly operations review, and quarterly business reviews
- Own the monthly and quarterly financial close process for the CSM org to ensure accurate reporting within the period.
- Provide strategic and tactical support on annual budgeting and planning process
- Communicate effectively to key stakeholders around process updates, key deliverables, and timelines
- Streamline procedures and drive process change with business applications to improve overall effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally to drive efficient processes and leverage best practices
- Liaise with Sales Finance HQ, Revenue Accounting, Corporate FP&A and other cross functional teams as required
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CFA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of related experience
- Superior knowledge of excel with advanced knowledge of pivot tables, lookups, and logical functions a must and must be proficient in PowerPoint
- Highly energetic and self-motivated; ability to think creatively and quickly with minimal direction and information
- Strong business and analytical skills; ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a continually evolving environment
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, experience and desire to work cross-functionally and be a contributing team member
- Strong aptitude for and experience with financial software (e.g., SAP, Anaplan, Qlikview, SFDC)
- Proven track record of managing large datasets with the ability to tackle complex issues using financial models and quantitative analysis
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer: At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Prior experience in a software/SaaS company
- Complex model creation
- Financial planning & analysis experience
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or Alteryx