The Field CTO Americas role will be instrumental in growing and expanding Splunk’s strategic customer base. The Field CTO Americas will break down and simplify complex technologies into comprehensible terms, evangelize cross-functional solutions, and identify strategic partnership opportunities. You will engage, influence, and relate to the C-level suite, manager, internal pre-sales, and engineering teams to drive Splunk’s solutions forward. In addition, you will provide a recurring executive sponsorship role on agreed and aligned strategic customer accounts, as a recognized authority and expert practitioner, so as to build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Engage, build relationships and influence senior executives.
- Adeptly have a conversation with C-Level executives and switch to very technical conversations about Enterprise Security and IT Operations capabilities to facilitate future solution vision
- Attend Executive Briefing Center meetings and act as a well-rounded Subject Matter Expert (SME) that has the technical depth to confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes and technical backgrounds
- Work closely with Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering teams providing insights and feedback to benefit our customers and Splunk with priorities and customer vision.
- Support qualified and strategic sales opportunities with account teams and senior sales leadership by collaborating on internal meetings, joining customer calls and attending customer-facing meetings
- Understand and help to communicate the value proposition for sophisticated customer use cases
- Participate in internal conversations during the sales cycle that will enable a positive influence on key partners
- Be an inspiring leader within Splunk, in customer meetings and in public settings by understanding where and how Splunk’s capabilities enable our customers to overcome their top challenges for their business
- Closely follow trends and direction to shape customer organization priorities
- Regularly evangelize solutions as one of our leader with vision experts with customers, at industry conferences, trade shows, and partners [blogging, writing, speaking, industry events, authoring, customer advisory board participant/speaker, executive education, et al]
- Continually increase job-related knowledge and skills through formal education, self-study and independent work
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA or equivalent work experience
- 15 years of experience in a customer-facing role explaining strategic and tactical concepts to customers
- 10+ years of experience with Splunk solutions or equivalent industry solutions
- Recent industry experience and deep technical background in technology infrastructure and cloud
- Experience selling into large customer environments
- Prior architect and engineering practitioner expertise with on-premise and cloud-based Enterprise Security, IT Operations, and Observability capabilities
- Travel up to 20% [may include Global]
- Previous C-level experience is preferred
- Individual Contributor
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $224,000 - 308,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $211,200 - 290,400 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $190,400 - 261,800 per year
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.