Do you want to join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about technology products and seek to deliver the best experience for customers? At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each others' success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! Our SLED business at Splunk is a key growth engine for the company with high visibility across the Splunk team. In this role, you'll have a direct impact on growing the SLED market, accelerating deals and using the Splunk brand to impact the many important vertical markets in SLED. This is a great opportunity for someone with deep SLED knowledge and experience to develop, implement and own the field marketing strategy for the SLED market. Splunk is one of the fastest growing companies in the technology industry and we never forget to have fun, while working collaboratively across the entire company. At Splunk, we bring our authentic selves to work each day, support each other, and celebrate team.
Role: We are looking for a Field Marketing Manager (SLED), Public Sector to assist in the development and execution of marketing programs. This position requires strong leadership skills, creativity and the ability to build, implement and execute on Splunk's SLED marketing strategy. You will be a trusted partner to sales, partner marketing, product marketing, campaign marketing and our public sector PR team. A passion for field marketing is a must; you understand digital and in-person marketing strategies and are an expert at working collaboratively across organizations to bring multiple resources to bear for customer impact. Keys to this position include understanding how to implement measurable marketing strategies, managing and motivating employees for success, managing projects from creation through implementation and having strong organizational and communication skills that allow you to communicate the value of your work to sales and marketing operations.
This is a great opportunity for a sharp, eager marketer passionate about jumping on board with one of the fastest growing companies in the Big Data space.
The required skill set includes:A passion for field marketing is a must. You understand the opportunities and challenges to successfully sell, market, and grow enterprise software via an indirect sales model. You have a keen ability to understand what is driving customer buying decisions and develop marketing programs and offerings that quickly identify new opportunities to grow the Splunk business.
- Lead and implement the field marketing SLED strategy for public sector
- Work cross-functionally with multiple public sector marketing functions to ensure all activities are aligned to campaigns, measurable and focused on driving pipeline and positive customer experiences
- Partner with other corporate marketing teams including Splunk's events marketing team, sales enablement, marketing operations, inside sales, partner marketing and Splunk's integrated marketing team
- Drive awareness and lead-gen programs that help grow the SLED business
- Track key metrics and ROI for outbound programs
- Communicate plans and successes to key marketing and sales stakeholders
- Ability to manage a wide variety of marketing programs simultaneously.
- Being a self-starter who can launch programs within budget and manage multiple timelines.
- Understanding of a broad range of marketing activities and disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand the Splunk platform and create marketing programs that communicate its value to customers
- 5 - 10 years of experience leading and running demand generation programs for enterprise software and/or SaaS services
- Strong working knowledge of public sector and SLED markets
- Ability to manage a wide variety of marketing programs simultaneously
- Deep experience working with Salesforce.com and Eloqua (or other marketing automation tools) to execute integrated demand generation programs and measure their effectiveness
- Experience working with personas and mapping to the buyer’s journey
- Exceptional teammate who has partnered with sales and marketing teams to deliver integrated marketing programs
- Track record of marketing results and strong analytical mindset
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $124,000 - 170,500 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $116,000 - 159,500 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $104,800 - 144,100 per year
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.