We seek an exceptional business technologist to join our team as a Field CTO & Strategic Advisor (m/f/d) for Technology & Innovation reporting to the Chief Technical Advisor, EMEA. This is a high impact position that will be working in an organisation of experienced technologists, industry experts, product advisors and business consultants. Within this team, you will work across the entire business, partnering closely with strategic sellers, solutions engineers, architects, customer success teams, internal product and engineering teams, global/government affairs and external partner organisations.
The team brings an outside-in perspective to customer and internal interactions; in previous roles, you will have had direct responsibility and accountability for delivering, not just selling or consulting, that has given you this perspective. Our experiences in delivering technical solutions, systems and strategies, are foundational in how we support, champion and challenge customers to help them achieve their objectives.
As one of our global thought-leading technical experts, you will blend advice, delivery experience, enablement and evangelisation in technology trends and trajectory to shape customer technical strategy and our messaging and roadmap. You will build and foster credibly and trust directly with customers, in group and event settings. You will be a crucial and senior strategic resource for GTM and product teams to deliver our vision to customers, partners and sales teams.
In addition to the requisite balance of passion and cynicism, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing technical teams (specialised or at scale), giving you the background and credibility to advise and coach our strategic clients. You will play a key role in enabling strategic value for our customers and contributing to durable growth in revenue for Splunk. You will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate knowledge of functional/operational analytics and the technology landscape.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Use your experience of running large or complex teams, technology and digital transformations, and/or organisational change (i.e agile culture) to help our customers to achieve their high priority objectives
- Use your practical experience with various methodologies (i.e. agile business coaching, system thinking, design thinking) and technical leadership expertise to help customers through the mechanism of change
- Drive customer success through a ‘peer-to-peer’ understanding of the customer’s strategy, objectives and broader technology, data and analytics needs, and through expanding successful data and analytics capabilities
- Champion and translate customer needs, working cross-functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organisations to ensure alignment, provide feedback, and resolve critical customer situations
- Maintain and project a credible and trusted reputation within country, EMEA-wide and in specific technical area(s)
- Engage and influence a varied audience - from executive level to product and engineering teams to build meaningful relationships to drive customer success and business outcomes
- In conjunction with government affairs and other teams, you will deliver impactful thought leadership in places such as the World Economic Forum, industry trade associations, European institutions and many others
- As a senior expert individual contributor, motivate and lead virtual teams strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives
- With your data and technology strategy background, formulate new market strategies in conjunction with Splunk vertical and value advisors
- Provide Splunk regional leadership with expert advice, guidance and support as required
- Provide timely and insightful input to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Work cross-functionally to develop global programs and enablement supporting the broader Customer Success community
Everyone is different. We need a varied set of skills and experiences within our team. We work together to support and develop, so we’re looking for candidates that can demonstrate a blend of the following and a desire to learn the rest.
Must (ideally meet 90%+)
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong executive presence and communication skills. Ability to foster relationships with key technical leadership personae
- Demonstrate understanding, based on experience, of the choices, benefits and pitfalls when implementing business impacting data analytics, security and/or observability systems
- Practical understanding of technical, competitive and regulatory trends in one or more verticals
- Able to work independently and in small expert teams with autonomy of decisions making, but in partnership with other teams and corporate functions
- Understanding and appreciation of the technical, people and process aspects of organisation change and solution implementation
- Willingness to learn and desire to share learned wisdom with others, sharing and improving knowledge to improve the overall team’s ability to operate and influence
- Demonstrable collaborative mindset
- Comfortable enabling and coaching others with your domain, technical and leadership knowledge
- Based in [country/region] with the ability to travel up to 25 - 50% of time within EMEA region and occasionally to the US
Should (ideally meet 50%+)
- Technical leadership experience with ownership of core P&L and/or major investment budget
- Influenced policy, regulatory or compliance within an organisation, sector or government
- 5+ years of experience building and/or operating products/services for end customers
- Adept at developing and implementing technical strategy, delivery systems and/or policy frameworks
- Practitioner expertise within development, technology or operational techniques, models and frameworks
- Expert level knowledge in one or more of the fields of Cyber Security, IT Operations, DevOps & Observability and/or other technical function
- Comfortable presenting (on stage, podcasts, webinars, etc.) and producing written thought leadership (blogs, ebooks, etc.)
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Track record of positioning major technology and/or business transformation investments with an executive audience
- Expert level knowledge of advanced or emerging data analytics or other technology area
- Competency in other EMEA languages
- Knowledge of Splunk (the company), Splunk (the technical capabilities) and the typical use cases