Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for supporting our Senior Vice President (SVP), Go To Market (GTM) Operations at Splunk. This position requires initiative, acute attention to detail, proactivity, the ability to learn quickly, and superb communication skills. You will manage coordination across the GTM organization, working with senior executives and field team members. This is an ideal position for a talented EA who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, has a strong curiosity to learn, is passionate about delivering strategic value and wants to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, collaborative environment in a growing organization. This role reports directly to the SVP, GTM Operations.
- Calendar management - coordinate all meetings including but not limited to 1:1s, team meetings, Business execution cadence, and offsite meetings, across global time zones.
- Conserve executive’s time by reading and routing email, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating meetings.
- Expense reporting and purchasing.
- Extensive experience in scheduling complex travel.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Act as a liaison for assigned executives SVP relaying and exchanging information with others including: senior leaders, customers, team members.
- Providing backup support for other executives.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting a senior executive leading a large global organization
- Strong Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar), Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
- Up to 10% travel will be required.
- Deep experience performing work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Detail oriented and customer service focused.
- High-energy individual, with a passion to learn and contribute.
- Impeccable execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- Comfortable with frequent access to confidential information and ability to exercise utmost discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Adaptability in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to build a personal network throughout the company.
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to effectively represent the organization in its relationships
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations.
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred locations: East Coast Time Zone (may consider Central or Pacific but earlier hours will be required)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.