Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
This position will provide executive support to the SVP of Security markets and her security team. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who can work with little supervision, demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and anticipate and resolve problems before they escalate. Of course, we play as hard as we work.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Responsible for coordinating work schedules of assigned executives; establishing agendas; arranging domestic and international travel.
- Has experience organizing events of varying sizes, while coordinating logistics and providing updates
- Acts as a liaison to senior leaders, customers, and other organizations.
- With direction and with some understanding of technical matters, compose correspondence requiring knowledge of the assigned executives’ views.
- Interpret requests and assist in implementing action as well as determining whether immediate notification of matters is required.
- Prepare letters, memos, reports and other documents as needed.
- Assist the executive’s market with key internal and external activities and materials.
- May conduct various special projects, especially involving budgets and preparations for Board and senior leadership meetings.
- Screens phone calls and incoming mail. This may include summarizing the content of incoming materials or specially gathered information. Additionally, this may entail investigating issues and summarizing complete information and/or drawing attention to important parts or conflicts.
- Act as a back-up to other administrative assistants.
- Function as a key member of the EA community and have the aptitude to maneuver in a collaborative environment while handling confidential information
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting and/or reporting to C-level executives
- Ability to proactively manage projects in a fast-moving environment
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- A good sense of humor
- Holds oneself to a high standard and expects that of others
- Detail-oriented and customer service focused
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to be proactive with minimal direction
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations, and convey them to others
- Ability to effectively represent the organization in its relationships with investors, customers, the media, and other constituents
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- Experience with high-growth organizations is a plus, as is working in a public software company
Education: Got it!
- Knowledge of the business environment as typically obtained through the completion of an Associate’s Degree in Business Admin, Management, or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Google Suite
- Experience on social media platforms a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.