Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Role: I want to do that!
The Executive Assistant (EA) at Splunk will be responsible for supporting our Australia and New Zealand Vice President, based in our Melbourne office. This position requires initiative, attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly. You should expect to manage internal and external relationships, work with senior executives, external customers, employees, suppliers and possess superb communication skills. This is an ideal position for a talented, career EA who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, is passionate about delivering strategic value and wants to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- Calendar management - coordinate all meetings including but not limited to team meetings, offsite meetings, customer, partner, investor, media and analyst meetings across global time zones. Synchronize across all parties and execute smoothly, ensuring every day is run effectively and efficiently.
- Own and manage the rhythm and cadence of the business.
- Extensive experience in scheduling complicated domestic and international travel.
- Organize, prioritize, coordinate and execute on multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Acts as a liaison for the Australia and New Zealand Vice President relaying and exchanging information with others including: senior leaders, executive assistants globally, customers, local and national media, and other organizations or constituents.
- Ability to build meaningful networks both internally and externally.
- Work closely with the business in day-to-day strategic operations, special projects and cross functional initiatives.
- Track and help drive key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Be an Executive Business Partner!
Requirements: I have that!
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting and/or reporting to an executive.
- Incredibly bright, high-energy individual, with a passion to learn and contribute.
- Deep experience performing work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Detail oriented and customer service focused.
- Flawless execution of activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- Comfortable with frequent access to confidential information and ability to exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Strong relationship management skills, build a personal network throughout the company.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations.
- Experience supporting a GTM/ Sales organisation is desirable
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
Our values are: Passionate. Innovative. Disruptive. Open. Fun. Which resonates with you? Please include this in your application for this unique role!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the relevant location.