Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Do you... Love event technology? Work well in a team environment? Get excited thinking of new ways to streamline workflows? Have what it takes to stay up to date with the most current GDPR guidelines?
Yes?! Excellent … you should keep reading!
Splunk is in search of a Rockstar Event Technology Specialist to join the Global Event Marketing (GEM) Team. You will be collaborating with the Event Technology Team to build and maintain the lifecycle of event systems including but not limited to registration, housing, content management, meetings, and mobile application tools for the Global Event Marketing events portfolio. You will partner with external and internal partners to plan and execute events such as Splunk’s global user conference, .conf, SplunkLive! events, Sales Kickoff, executive meetings and programs vital to Splunk (to name a few) ranging from 15 – 15,000 attendees.
- Support the attendee registration and housing experience, mobile applications, and event technologies for GEM events
- Work with digital and creative teams and external vendor partners to craft and execute plans that align to the strategy and overall program goals.
- Collaborate with the Event Technology Team on various event registration tasks, such as event invite list management, timeline management, registration communication development, organizing system requests from the GEM team, etc.
- Work cross functionally with agency partners, and internal program stakeholders
- Aid in data integrity in accordance with established event registration policies.
- Report building, managing, distributing as requested by extended event teams.
- Design registration management plans to execute during programs to ensure a positive attendee experience.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy across programs.
- Engage counterparts outside of the company to gain industry knowledge that will enhance our events.
- On-site event support and supervision of established vendors.
- Bring Splunk’s core values into your daily work
- 3-5 years of shown success in systems management in a rapid-growth environment
- Confirmed experience with registration and hotel management required; global program experience preferred.
- Experience with Cvent/Lanyon and RainFocus registration platforms desired.
- Experience with RegOnline, eTouches, Swoogo, Splash, SFDC, JiffleNow and event mobile apps is a plus.
- Excellent social skills; strong emphasis on the importance of written communication abilities.
- Inventive, self-starter with a sense of urgency and strong work ethic. Excitement about realizing the potential in just about everything. Enthusiastic idea contributor and an engaged team member.
- Thrives in fast paced environments
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Travel limited to assigned events.
- Computer skills deep understanding (at a minimum): Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Drive
- Experience with Slack, Teamwork, Basecamp and Airtable is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.