Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. The world's leading enterprises use our unified security and observability platform to keep their digital systems secure and reliable. While customers love our technology, it's our people that make Splunk stand out as an amazing career destination and why we've won so many awards as a best place to work. If you become a Splunker, we want your whole, authentic self, what we call your "million data points". So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you.
The Escalation Manager is a member of the Global Incident and Escalation Management Team at Splunk, which leads and handles escalations resulting from product, services, account management, customer experience, adoption, and renewal related topics. This team brings strategy, structure, executive attention, and additional internal resources to customer challenges that would otherwise result in a high level of customer dissatisfaction. The Escalation Manager will be responsible for managing and driving to resolution high profile customer critical issues, analyzing escalation trends and reporting back to leadership on the drivers of customer dissatisfaction. This is a senior role at Splunk requiring an individual who can take charge in high stress situations and give direction to both customer personnel and to Splunk engineers to drive expeditious resolution of incidents.
The primary focus will be to drive customer escalations to resolution across Splunk. To be successful, the best candidate will find opportunities for efficiency, be a natural problem solver, and be capable of multitasking in supporting an array of complex customer problems.
- Drive and monitor complex escalations from initiation through resolution by developing a success-driven plan while leading a cross-functional team with customers and internal key stakeholders.
- Report and escalate efforts to resolve complex customer experience problems
- Supports the response and coordination between both the customer and internally to key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Sets customer expectations and provides updates regarding troubleshooting and resolution action plans for internal and customer facing communications.
- Provide process improvement recommendations for improving customer experience
- Support continual service improvement within the Global Escalation Management process, protocols, dashboards and run-books.
- Contribute to projects, initiatives, and workstreams led by other senior team members
- Restore the customer's confidence in Splunk and Splunk products through effective listening and communications skills
- Support lessons learned and conduct Post Escalation Review process
- Provide Account Escalation updates and summaries to a weekly Global Review Forum
- Ascertain Splunk Certifications and/or Splunk training
-Customer success mindset and proven track record
- Intermediate understanding of Splunk and infrastructure technology environment and the interaction between different systems and services
- Orienting to outcome-based mindset and expression
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing with both customers and internally at Splunk Strong customer service with the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership. Ability to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Can influence at the individual contributor and front-line management level
- Ability to collaborate with peers and work cross-function as needed with Product and/ or Engineering teams
- Proven knowledge of ITIL frameworks (Incident, Change, Escalation, Problem primarily)
- Negotiation, mediation, and conflict management skills
- Occasional weekend work as the business requires as well as holiday coverage
- Critical thinking, and decision-making ability
- Strong data analytics and report management skills
- Ability to manage multiple customer escalations at varying levels including case documentation
- Actively seeks out and provides feedback in order to grow
- Builds strong relationships with other team individual contributors and front line manager levels, developing trust and mutual respect.
- Provides valuable feedback to product management based on learnings from customer engagements.
- Participates in escalations and discussions with other teams in a positive and constructive manner.
- Seeks guidance from senior level escalation managers when managing highly complex account escalations
- Can work independently on low to moderate complexity account escalations
Example: This EM is able to run low to medium complexity escalations with a customer
Nice to have:
- Experience and understanding of a wide array of specific tools and software (SaaS Platforms, SalesForce, Jira, Confluence, and Google suite experience are a Plus)
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Fundamental understanding/overview of Splunk or similar data collection software.
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundations Certification
- BS EE or CS degree; 2-5+ years experience or equivalent work experience
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: CRC 19,200,000.00 - 26,400,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.