Splunk is looking for an Equity Plan Manager to join our Equity team! This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Senior Director, Global Equity Plans. This position will perform in all aspects of the administration of the employee equity programs in a dynamic and fast-growing public company environment. This is a highly visible position and requires a focus on customer service and ability to effectively interact, communicate and present ideas and concepts clearly with key stakeholders within multiple departments. The ideal candidate is forward-thinking who continually sees the potential of improving processes and takes the steering wheel to drive them forward.
What You'll Do
- Perform day-to-day administration of our employee equity programs, including transaction processing.
- Assist in administration of Employee Stock Purchase Plan, including open enrollments, tracking, withdrawals, changes, and purchase processing and reporting.
- Act as the primary point of contact for employee inquiries; communicate plan provisions to employees and resolve employee issues or concerns as appropriate.
- Maintain desk procedures/department calendar, and ensure all information remains current and consistent.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of content for employee education (e.g., in-person, Zoom presentations, company intranet).
- Partner with human resources, legal, tax, payroll, and accounting to anticipate, implement and address equity plan initiatives/matters.
- Partner with HR and Legal teams on tax audits or other ad-hoc reports.
- Manage trading windows per Insider Trading Policy and partner with the Legal team to manage ad-hoc blackout windows.
- Assist in stock plan reconciliation activities/support.
- Assist in SEC, audit and external reporting activities/support.
- Maintain an audit trail of procedures performed in order to comply with SOX.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in equity plan administration.
- Possess a solid understanding of many different types of equity awards and public company equity programs, across multiple jurisdictions.
- Exhibit the ability to remain highly confidential and professional, coupled with unquestionable integrity.
- Be a subject matter expert using Equity Edge Online and the Client Resource Center.
- Demonstrate that you are hands-on at an intermediate to advanced level using Excel (specifically, working with large datasets using pivot tables and data analysis functions).
- Possess the ability to interpret and understand legal documents such as proxy, security regulation, plan documents and grant agreements.
- Have a solid track record with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation.
- Manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines with meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarterly RSU releases, ESPP purchases, as well as quarter end and year end closes.
- Have the ability to look at processes from different angles with an eye for how to do things better, faster and more efficiently.
- Be a clear, compelling and engaging communicator and engage with others in a team oriented manner.
Experience with Forms 3, 4, and 5 filings.Possess a solid understanding of Transfer Agent mechanics involving acquired company equity awards (e.g., restricted stock and founder holdback shares).
Be familiar with mobility tracking and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably with an emphasis in finance or accounting.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation (Level III), or working towards the designation preferred.
Location: This position is based out of the San Jose, CA office (currently remote). Applicants in other locations will be considered.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.