Engineering Manager, Vault
Splunk’s Cloud Infrastructure organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving sophisticated challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS and GCP presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we’re looking for
We are growing our Cloud Infrastructure team to help scale and secure our new global SaaS offerings. We are looking for an engineering manager to help lead, design, coach, and build an efficient, productive, and fun team. We want someone who’s excited to jump in and find solutions to organizational impediments, create and own processes that enhance team health and streamline hiring processes. Someone who understands the technical challenges that the team is facing and helps drive improvements.
What you provide
- Foster growth. You will (virtually) meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier engineers.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our leaders. As a manager, you should be motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Drive for Automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Cloud and container experience. You have experience in leading, building, and scaling secure services on different cloud providers.
- Operational excellence. You strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Deliver software and infrastructure that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, scalability and security of Splunk’s services. Technologies include AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker and Vault.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and individual contributors, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, autonomy, and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The teams work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication — it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Our colleagues are trusted to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of this family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
Requirements: 8+ years of technical contributor experience, demonstrated ability in managing technical personnel, and experience in working within SaaS environments.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.