8+ years software development background, 2+ years software management, Machine Learning Application/Service/Platform development
As the Software Development Manager for our Machine Learning team you will be responsible for ensuring our new ML services and toolkit development meets all technical and quality standards. You will work with Product Management and other technical teams within Splunk, incorporating new requirements and providing technical information related to this advanced ML Platform as needed.
You will lead a team of senior ML engineers, experts within their own specialty, and will manage this group, as well as set priorities, quality standards and feature roadmap with deadlines for each release.
You will be working in a multi-office, multi-location development environment and prior experience working with local and remote teams or groups will be a big plus.
While expertise with ML products and their application within enterprise solutions is highly desirable it is not required, provided you are willing to quickly come up to speed and you have some prior experience of ML technology and its application.
- 8+ years data driven web application or server side software development
- 2+ years software development management experience including team performance management
- Some Machine Learning application development experience, this is NOT a data scientist role, but a services/platform development role.
- Passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes such as test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment etc.
Desirable, but not required:
- Expertise in developing software with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale, with strong knowledge of the fundamentals including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Expertise in developing software on a public cloud platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, MS Azure etc.)
- Expertise in developing software with stream processing technology (e.g. Kafka, AWS Kinesis etc.)
- Experience developing and putting into production test automation and CI/CD systems
- You will be asked to detail software projects you have managed. How you determined resources, defined roadmaps and created priorities and deadlines.
- What experience you have with team building and growing high performing engineering teams.
- Describe your management style and how you motivate senior engineers to perform at their best
- Technical interview to determine your depth of knowledge and experience in applying technology to solve real world problems.
Splunk - The Data-to-Everything Platform
Bring data to every question, decision and action.
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
- Splunk Recognized Globally for Empowering Employee Success
- 90% of the Fortune 100 run on Splunk
Cool stuff we’re working on:
AI, Machine learning, IoT, Big Data, Data visualization, next gen network and enterprise security systems, advanced analytics with predictive modelling and more....
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.