Do you enjoy leading collaboratively cross-functionally to solve hard business-critical technical problems? Are you passionate about making customers successful? Like rolling up your sleeves and exploring code, docs, or data to find patterns and hidden meanings? How about using your leadership and technical skills to groom technical members of varied levels? If you answered yes to these questions, then leading the Splunk Forward Deployed Software Engineer (FDSE) might be the one for you!
Splunk is looking for a customer focused engineering leader to lead and scale their Forward Deployed Software Engineering team.
FDSE business function is part of diverse Global Shared Services (GSS) organization, which includes Solutions Engineering, Security and Observability Specialists, Strategic Programs and Transformation, as well as Rapid Demo Platform team.
This SWAT team of Full Stack Developers help provide Splunk customers immediate value by building proof solutions, workflows, and integrations. An opportunity to lead and work with highly talented and sought-after technical individuals.
FDSEs are comfortable working with Solutions Engineers, Customers, and key account holders to help get the technical win. FDSE members work cross-functionally to partner with solutions engineering, partners, developers, go-to-market, open source, legal/innovation, support/documentation team, and product leaders to graduate the technical solutions.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering fast-paced MLP (minimum lovable product) to the stakeholders.
- Inspire the team by contextualizing the work in the greater business picture.
- You will work with the team to maintain existing solutions, and groom a roadmap of impactful solutions to expand the Splunk integration ecosystem.
- You will serve as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor to cultivate an atmosphere of continuous improvement and step up as a player when needed.
- You encourage members of your team and peers around you to achieve more than they thought possible.
- You will recruit, develop, and retain world-class developers for your team.
- Partner with cross-functional peers (various field teams, app publication, open source committee, program and strategy, product management, support, and documentation) to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap of long-term solutions through quarterly planning.
- Build a culture of inclusion, transparency, continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
- Ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions and across remote teams.
- Share and solicit feedback early and often.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of leading, mentoring, and coaching technical team members to be successful.
- Passionate about automation, good engineering practices, new technologies, improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members to be successful.
- You are passionate about the human/behavioral element of building products and software development.
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage, filesystem, distributed systems and information retrieval.
- Previous experience as a technical lead/advisor.
- Ability to efficiently converse with customers and code in at-least one programming language.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP and/or Azure).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 2+ years of experience leading technical teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.