A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of “Best Places to Work” lists and we think it’s because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
The Release and Runtime Reliability organization focuses on creating platform solutions for Splunk developers. These solutions make it easy for developers to write, implement, and debug robust test automation at all levels of the software stack. Our goal is to ensure the reliability of every commitment. We not only develop high-availability solutions capable of handling hundreds of commits per day and tens of thousands of tests per commit but also prioritize creating an excellent developer workflow experience.
We are currently seeking an engineering leader with strong system design, SRE/DevOps, and agile leadership skills. This individual will lead a team of exceptional engineers and have a significant impact on Splunk's engineering ecosystem. The ideal candidate is forward-thinking and passionate about software reliability, with a focus on cloud-native practices. They will mentor and guide a team of Software Engineers who specialize in reducing friction in writing and debugging test code, improving developer efficiency, and creating fast feedback loops. Previous experience in developing strong engineering teams, and system design, and a background in SRE, DevOps, or reliability roles is required.
- Proven experience leading positive change, hiring and empowering people, cultivating innovative solutions, and fostering effective and successful engineering teams.
- Experience in building software abstractions and tooling to enable developer velocity in producing reliable code.
- Experience in CI/CD governance, monitoring, metrics-driven architecture, Agile testing, Testing in Production, and other modern delivery strategies.
- Commit to Automation. You constantly challenge the status quo and are driven to automate manual processes. You inspire teams to adopt this philosophy.
- Cloud, container, and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus.
- Champion growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit extraordinary developers.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field.
- 7+ years of software or systems engineering experience.
- 2+ years of validated experience in leading internal infrastructure, developer tools, or distributed computing infrastructure teams.
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: PLN 177,600.00 - 244,200.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.