Splunk Cloud Security & Compliance Engineering Team
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
The Cloud Security & Compliance Engineering team is focused on continually improving the security posture of Splunk’s cloud offerings by engineering solutions that can promote standard methodologies, enable secure functions, audit critical systems, provide deep insight into systems, and mitigate any findings.
What we’re looking for
The Cloud Security & Compliance Engineering group is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead, design, mentor, and build an efficient, productive, and fun organization. You will be a leader with an eagerness to create and own processes for enhancing team health, streamlining hiring processes, and finding diligent solutions to organizational impediments while working to lead, design, build, and operate infrastructure and tools to continuously improve the security posture of our next generation Cloud offerings.
This position will be specifically for our Compliance Automation team. The Compliance Automation team is responsible for building and operating services that automate the validation of our compliance controls and automate the collection and delivery of compliance evidence.
What you provide
- Experience implementing compliance controls. You’ve been through a SOC2, PCI, and perhaps even a FedRAMP audit. You understand how compliance controls work, how the overall programs are run, and how to successfully operate controls in real-world products.
- Cultivate growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit premier developers.
- Passion. You passionate about motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a mentor, and technical advisor.
- Work towards Automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Security first. You know what it takes to build and operate secure software. You understand defense in depth, risk exposure, and the mechanics behind common exploits. You take a big picture view of security and understand how to maximize your impact to overall security posture.
- Knowledge of technical excellence and reliable standards related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Cloud experience. You have experience in leading, building, and scaling secure services on different cloud providers.
- Operational excellence. You strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and direct reports, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, autonomy, and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The teams work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. Our colleagues are trusted to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Group-outings and team building events are frequent in our group. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of this family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
- 5 years demonstrated ability in leading software engineers
- US Citizenship
- Previous professional experience working in cloud environments
- Experience with compliance controls (SOC2, PCI)
- Experience with external audits
- Previous experience working with ProdSec or SecOps
Nice to have: Experience with FedRAMP and IL4/5
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.