Engineering Manager - Data Stream Processor
Are you excited about data and data streaming? Join us in the Data Stream Processor team to develop sophisticated platform services, frameworks and tooling that allow customers and developers to collect petabyte scale data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more in a scalable and reliable way.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead a diverse team of engineers as we continue to innovate on Data Stream Processor Platform. This person will be an experienced leader able to work with product management, design and engineering leaders to envision and deliver a world class product. We are looking for a person who will take ownership of their domain and who is driven to tackle problems at multiple levels. Collaboration and partnerships are the paramount in our company culture and want leaders who can communicate at a high level but can also talk in low level details to achieve the greater goal.
- Recruit, mentor, and grow high performing engineering team
- Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Lead technical direction and architecture with engineering team members
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets
- Driving practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth and sharing of technological insights
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on building high scale, cloud native SaaS application
- Experience building cloud native applications in an agile manner using DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and build/test/release automation.
- Experience with building applications on and integrating with public cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members
- Development experience with Java, Go or equivalent languages and associated frameworks
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 6+ years of industry experience, of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management/Technical leadership roles and responsibilities
- Passionate about building and fostering engineering best practices and processes which improve quality and productivity of the team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem, we trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status