Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Professional Services (PS) Sr. Engagement Manager handles and develops key client relationships to ensure overall success of Splunk implementations. You will partner with key stakeholders in our customer accounts, together with Splunk sales, delivery and support, acting as a trusted advisor and passionately advocate for Splunk solutions. In this role, you will position Splunk’s consulting, education and other services needed for rapid adoption and customer success.
If you are skilled in understanding and navigating a customer’s organization, and their decision-making processes and take pride in identifying the key requirements of all relevant players, then this role may be for you. Our best Engagement Managers take a prescriptive approach with customers, negotiate achievable timelines, and share expected outcomes to attach services to software product sales.
- As an Engagement Manager, you will get involved early in the sales process to position the right solution to ensure a customer's happiness.
- You will articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value.
- Consistently perform self-development related to industry trends impacting SPLUNK (Big Data, Security, ITOPS, Cloud, etc.) in order to establish a foundation as a trusted advisor.
- Demonstrate solution understanding and success criteria by demonstrating methodologies, blue prints, templates, Service Offerings and successful experiences with related solutions.
- Understand the solution options available to the customers and engages the right team to win the deal and drive customer’s trust.
- Works with the Contract and Project Management Offices to adhere to SPLUNK standard methodologies and business guidelines and utilize collaboration tools to access and share new assets, information, and updates.
- Utilize existing proposals and SOWs to maximize efficiency and consistency.
- Effectively execute the RFP/SOW process in partnership with the area sales teams.
- Accurately forecast opportunities and pipeline, ensuring the information in SFDC is current at all times.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date reporting, documentation, and system information to ensure the business can be accurately forecasted.
- Collaborate with area Sales leaders and Account Managers to build relationships, develop pipeline and close bookings as measured by booking targets.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering to ensure Services is engaged early and at the required level of technical detail and content.
- Work within the SPLUNK ecosystem to ensure we are presenting a full solution to our customers.
- Team with partners to develop mutually beneficial relationships while continuing to focus on customer success.
- Involved in remediation of customer problems, serving as customer advocate to ensure problems are effectively and rapidly resolved.
- 8-10+ years of experience in a customer facing role supporting a Professional Services organization.
- Ability to be an analytical problem solver, build strong customer/partner relationships, and be a product & technology expert.
- A minimum 5 years of successfully selling services to support the delivery of enterprise software solutions, covering a sizeable portfolio of customers, across diverse business verticals.
- Possess a real passion for selling and winning - a proven track record of closing and growing services deals of increasing size and scope.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and the talent to produce powerful, and effective RFP/RFI responses.
- Clear evidence of self-starter attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment.
- You should have an understanding of the Public Sector procurement process with several years experience supporting Public Sector customers.
- Experience with big-data enterprise technologies (e.g., data warehouse solutions, Hadoop) is preferred.
- Government Security clearance is highly desirably for this role (preferably at a TS/SCI level).
- Willing and able to travel up to 50%, as required.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.