Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an Influencer and natural Leader? Do you enjoy a fast-paced start-up environment? Do you want to be part of the analytics revolution helping to transform the Energy industry? Do you understand the complexity of selling and supporting end-to-end analytics solutions? Do you want to work at a company that embraces innovation, passion, openness and fun, and loves to disrupt the status quo?
If so, we have a role for you.
You will be an early pioneer for Splunk to drive success within the Energy industry, including Oil and Gas exploration, production, transport and storage as well as Utilities including electric, multiline and water, power generation and transmission. In this role you will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk (including Sales, Partners/Channels, Legal, Marketing, Product Management, Enablement, CSM, Sales Engineering), with the primary objective of looking for ways to build and grow our business in this industry. You are responsible for driving Splunk software bookings, adoption, and GTM Strategy for Splunk’s solutions for Energy industry customers. You will act as a liaison between Splunk's field and product management to influence product roadmap. You have deep, credible knowledge of this industry. Additional experience in IT and Security related markets and the Splunk platform is helpful.
About the Team
The Vertical Industries team is responsible for helping the field create, grow and speed sales opportunities to close while enabling the entire Splunk eco-system with its domain expertise to increase skills. You will report to the global leader for Manufacturing, Retail and Natural Resources Verticals.
You will innovate within and across internal teams to develop new use case, value propositions, tools and advisory workshops that scale and evolve the Splunk selling and adoption motion. In addition, you will:
- Act as the Energy industry point of contact and collective voice in terms of product strategy and direction from the field.
- Evangelize the Splunk portfolio for Energy industry internally with our field organization and externally with customers, prospects, and partners
- Establish credibility with the field organization, with customers, and with partners as an Energy industry subject matter expert making valuable contributions to the sales motion and customer interactions
- Drive opportunities end-to-end during all parts of the sales cycle alongside Splunk and partner technical staff.
- Lead and report on the pipeline for Energy industry use cases and opportunities
- Recruit and lead the customers participating in Splunk's beta and early adopter programs, ensuring customer success
- Excellent understanding of the Energy industry ecosystem and market trends.
- Represent the Splunk Industry Verticals business unit in the field and help unify our product and GTM strategy
- Work closely with product management and market segment leadership to enhance new releases, business processes, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Influence, contribute, and drive adoption of enablement material to the Splunk global sales force in order to increase the knowledge of the Energy industry.
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading teams with customer-facing responsibilities and an ability to grow and scale upward with the company. Second line management experience and global experience a plus. (within the realm of the Energy industry)
- 10+ years total work experience in high growth, highly dynamic organizations and responsibilities similar to this role
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in this domain as well as Asset Monitoring, Asset Performance, Predictive Maintenance and other Industrial IoT (IIoT) analytics use cases, applications, and trends
- Hands on Splunk experience or similar technology a plus
- Experience building trusted relationships with customers and a leader with vision
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally. Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support
- Demonstrated ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills in a cross-matrix organization - this skill is critical to the success of this role.
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- You bring a range of industry-related contacts
- Strong communicator with solid executive presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with teams and strategic customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Location: Houston, TX preferred but we will consider any major city in the U.S. (close major airport with direct flights)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.