Senior Products Advisory Manager
At Splunk, we know that our customers are our best resource to innovate and deliver new products to the market. Their feedback is critical to our success as they are our best resources for what works and we need to improve.
As a Senior Products Advisory Manager at Splunk, you will have the unique opportunity to join a team responsible for bringing new products and technologies to customers. You will be responsible for driving customer engagement during the most critical stages of product development. You will help define the early adopter program for new and emerging products, recruit customers, help define their use cases and provide the platform for them to get their hands on the product to ensure we get the feedback we need to build the right thing. You will help develop and strengthen Splunk champions, create more referenceable customers and impactful success stories.
You should be someone who is deeply passionate about customers, has a rich history of managing customer relationships, driving cross-functional collaboration and growing customer adoption in the enterprise software space. You should be the type of person who isn’t afraid to jump in, ask a lot of questions and take initiative where it is needed. You should be innately curious about the challenges our customers face and focused on constantly striving to create value for our customers through our technology and expertise. And mostly importantly, you should love being part of a team that obsesses about helping everyone: a customer or fellow Splunker.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead and manage simultaneous early adopter programs across Splunk that include working with business executives, enterprise architects and engineering personnel from the customer
- Execute the customer engagement process from introductory discovery meetings and demos to SOW creations for proof-of-concept implementations and to final closure meetings with Product Management and Marketing
- Partner with Product and Engineering to understand customer challenges to design and develop solutions that meet customers’ needs
- Manage the customer feedback loop for fast iteration on the products being developed
- Develop and strengthen Splunk champions to create more referenceable customers and early adopter success stories
- Drive collaboration with others teams, SMES and leaders across the organization to enable GTM product launch and broader field readiness
- Facilitate the collaboration across groups to properly fold Incubation projects back into Core Splunk operations
- Manage and drive competing resourcing requests demands for multiple concurrent client engagements
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years of direct customer facing experience in either a pre or post sales capacity in support of delivering enterprise software solutions, covering a portfolio of customers across a diverse business verticals
- Strong project execution skills, managing complex, multifaceted programs resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. Be able to juggle multiple, challenging priorities. Communicate and act upon risks appropriately.
- Possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Experience navigating and steering customer engagements to completion with a high level of customer happiness.
- Strong passion for collaboration, teamwork, quality and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-educating and a self-starter
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Bonus points if you have familiarity with:
- Consulting experience of common enterprise applications with knowledge especially in the areas of IoT, healthcare, security, retail and streaming analytics
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to be a founding member of a brand new business unit working like a startup but with a large community of passionate users
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support -- Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our employees through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.