Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Splunk Sales Engineer you will be responsible for the technical elements of the sales cycle, enabling your prospects and customers to understand how Splunk can meet their requirements and becoming their trusted advisor. Your role is based at the location specified in your contract of employment, where you will be expected to work, except when travelling to client locations or by prior agreement with your manager.
Over time in this role you will gain Splunk Sales Engineer Certification and develop deep Splunk skills and broader domain knowledge that you will use in many different aspects of your work:
- Deliver various standardised technical product webinars
- Undertake discovery calls/conversations with prospects, both with and without your sales counterpart, to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Deliver consultative presentations, demonstrations and workshops to help prospects understand how Splunk addresses their technical and business requirements, and how it differs from alternative solutions.
- Own the technical strategy for opportunities you work on.
- Determine the most appropriate form of Solution Validation for your opportunities and manage them to a successful outcome.
- Create custom demonstrations based on customer use-cases and/or data to demonstrate Splunk’s ability to meet their requirements.
- Respond to the technical elements of RFI/RFPs where sales and technical management have determined it is appropriate to make a response.
- Answer technical questions from prospects and customers
- Attend and work on the stand at trade events.
- Make general recommendations on Splunk solutions architecture
- Identify and manage any technical issues throughout the sales lifecycle to the satisfaction of the prospect.
- Follow the SESR process for all sales and marketing activites (provided separately)
- Manage your time spent working on distinct opportunities in accordance with the guidance given by your manager
- Periodically ensure you record your activities in SEAL, ideally weekly
- Follow the Solution Validation process for all customer technical proof exercises (provided separately)
- Keep a document containing the status of all open opportunities you are working on in a format determined by your manager
- Respond in a timely fashion to emails, phone calls and instant messages, both external and internal
- When on vacation ensure you set your out of office, decline all meetings and hand over any activities for your team to cover in your absence
- You will bring strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You will bring Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems to the team
- Languages are beneficial
- You are in university and will return to full time study upon completion of the internship
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.