Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader focused on the Army to join our team as Director of Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.Location:
Ideal candidate must be located in the Northeast, preferably the Washington, DC metro area.Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Directly manage the sales team and work closely with assigned technical resources and inside sales
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Leverage sales engineering and in-house as well as partner services resources
- Player /coach, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Hire the right team to match our growth
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
Education: Got it!
- Active TS clearance preferred
- 5+ years experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large, federal enterprises
- Very comfortable and familiar with the Army customer.
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus