Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking an outstanding “Distribution Partner Account Manager (m/f/d)” for our Central (DACH) region to help Splunk support and grow our distribution partners. The role has the primary responsibility to meet and exceed, quarterly and annual revenue quota assignments for specified distributor(s) and growing Splunk's business in the distribution channel. This includes the understanding of distributor business goals and requirements, and being involved in the presentation of Splunk product, solution and technology propositions to distribution salespeople.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Meet and exceed revenue and bookings quotas in assigned channel.
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Account planning and opportunity management with the channel
- Lead sales efforts with channel
- Enable distributor & partners in our selling and product methodology
- Conduct training and on boarding to new partners
- Execute partner/sales marketing activities aligned with sales quota (marketing, campaign, cross-selling, pipeline generation and quota retirement)
- Manage interface between Splunk and channel/distributor. Manage channel conflict.
- Identify new resellers for distributors to on-board and manage on-boarding process
- Interact with Splunk direct sales team
- Team with channel/distribution team manager to direct distribution sales motions
- Directly manage / sell into channel/distributors.
- Work with Splunk Sales RSMs and Channel PAM’s to build and manage demand generation and marketing efforts
- Drive marketing activities with complementary technology partners
- Support sales team to drive marketing activities
- Ensure partners are driving towards certification requirements
- Ensure channel/distributors meet and exceed goals by:
- Understanding channel/distributors business strategies
- Communicating channel/distributors business strategies to pertinent departments in Splunk
- Understanding and presenting Splunk value proposition (corporate, positioning, products, technologies, capabilities) to distributors and VARs.
- Managing channel/distributors product focus.
- Managing quarterly and ad-hoc promotional activities at channel/distributors.
- Training channel/distributors salespeople.
- Monitoring and reporting competitive activities and sales.
- Monitoring and reporting on distributor POS sales
- Adjusting sales activities and product mix as needed based on POS sales.
- Managing co-marketing opportunities with channel partners and third party allies.
- Satisfy internal reporting requirements by submitting reports and records in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Participate in trade shows and make presentations, as required.
- Travel to distributor locations for mindshare, enablement and training
Requirements: I've already done that!
- 10+ years of Distribution Partner Account Manager in a fast growing software company
- 10+ years of Distributor and VARs experience within a technology company that is similar to Splunk’s industry
- Recent and previous success exceeding revenue and bookings quotas in a distribution channel
- Experience identifying new resellers and prioritizing Distribution’s for a company’s team
- Success and references to prove the success from working with direct sales teams and sales leaders
- Experience strategising and managing Distributors and exceeding goals
- Experience with analysing and reporting actives related to sales and revenue activities
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Fluent in German and English (both written and spoken)
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.