Director, Software Engineering - Productivity
Splunk is seeking a hardworking individual who is passionate about creating elite software engineering teams. At Splunk we are dramatically improving engineering productivity by continuous improvement of our processes, tools and technologies to measurably increased employee efficiency and job satisfaction levels. You will need to be intimately familiar with large-scale software development and all aspects of the SDLC. As the Director, you demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills across project and functional teams. This role demands a passionate leader with a strong history for building and leading both established and emerging engineering talent, while cultivating an environment of inclusion, inspiration, and innovation. Collaboration, creativity, friendliness and grit are meaningful traits required to succeed in this role. If you have a passion for creating elite engineering teams that measurably outperform previous benchmarks, please contact us.
- Evaluate and measure engineering processes, systems and tools to support continuous improvement and innovation.
- Engage with all internal engineering teams to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide recommendations to monitor, measure and improve the SDLC at Splunk.
- Identify issues, collaborate with partners on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Own new hire onboarding for all engineers collaborating with all engineering organizations.
- Own tools, documentation and process which will help engineers reduce time wasted, increase collaboration and sharing of knowledge.
- Build and grow engineering communities. (ex: Voice of The Customer, mentorship, tech talks, education, external engineering blog)
- BA/BS/MS/PHD in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- Intimate knowledge of each key function in the SDLC
- 5-10 years of experience in large scale software development as an Engineering manager or technical lead
- A background in building Enterprise or Shrink-Wrapped commercial software on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent follow up and interpersonal skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various UNIX flavors.
- A solid grasp with mobile environments - iOS, Android.
- Deep understanding of multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make.
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. Python, Shell script.
- Adept at working with teams of exceptional individuals.
- Experience with virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare.
- Experience leading CI/CD in a cloud environment, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet.
- Experienced in defining and implementing critical metrics within the SDLC.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Extraordinary and upbeat personnel skills.
- A standout colleague with impactful collaboration skills and a commitment clean crisp code.