Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a Director of Sales Systems focused on enhancing our end to end business processes, systems, and reporting. You will be accountable for ensuring we have the right Sales business processes, system capabilities, and insights that support not only our current business, but also our acceleration to a cloud business model. You will be responsible for formulating and delivering on a well-defined GTM systems roadmap that helps us deliver critical capabilities for our GTM organization. This will enable us to not only maintain but drive accelerated growth at scale. Do you possess a deep understanding of pre-sales, sales, post-sales, channel & alliances, and business operations within the Enterprise Software industry? Are you a problem solver and a strategic, data driven, system savvy, intellectually curious, fast learner, who is detail oriented, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision? This could be the role for you, are you up for the challenge?
- Drive and prioritize the business requirements needed to deliver the end-to-end
- process and system infrastructure needed to support the Sales and GTM
- Execute corporate strategy through changes in Go-To-Market processes and systems.
- Foster close working relationships with executives, sales, customer success, channel, operations, IT, finance, and business transformation teams.
- Ensure there’s alignment on the vision and champion the collaboration needed across a matrixed and cross-functional Sales organization to ensure we have the right system capabilities in place for direct and indirect channels.
- Collaborate with Sales and Partner Operations leaders to drive prioritization of business process and systems projects to achieve our objectives.
- Represent the Sales functions in critical corporate / cross-functional business transformation projects to ensure any changes to our business processes, systems,or metrics is aligned to overall corporate goals.
- Collaborate with Biz Apps IT teams to translate business requirements into technical specifications, focusing on Sales business processes in SFDC, as well as other sales applications and technologies.
- Develop, refine, and implement processes, methods, tools, and technologies that enhances our business intelligence; constantly seek to improve and further the automation of reporting and analysis.
- Oversee offshore/outsourced data operations and ensure the right level of process governance and quality monitoring is in place.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior operations and systems role.
- Second line people leadership experience required.
- Prior experience with a fast growth, enterprise software company. Knowledge of
- both SaaS and on-prem business model is highly preferred.
- Possesses pre-sales, post-sales, sales, and M&A go-to-market integration experience.
- Experience driving an end to end business process and system redesign (e.g., CRM, CPQ) is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM is required.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to present complex and technical content to general audiences.
- Sets strategic vision, operational goals, and drives to fulfillment. Takes responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth of the business.
- Gathers and uses data strategically to create improvements and influence others.
- Works effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches. Able to see the big-picture while also being hands-on and in the details.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management.
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and lead initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Willing to travel as needed (~30%).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- MBA/ graduate degree preferred, but not required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.