Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
This is a new and important role for the Support Delivery Organization! As the Director, Tier 2 Support you will be responsible for the performance, technical proficiency and effectiveness of subcontracted teams with the aim of ensuring a world class customer experience. This role is responsible for the successful technical development, overall alignment to Global Support processes and policies to establish repeatable experiences for Splunk customers and to deliver on contractual goals and targets.
Work you're doing will include growing the skill sets and capabilities of the team, continuously meeting or exceeding defined goals and outcomes, redefining targets as products evolve and objectives change. Capability to partner with leaders across multiple functions, lead a fully remote team, drive transformational change and build an environment of inclusion and partnership across the Technical Support Organization will be critical to success in this role.
This is a true leadership role in every sense, including coaching individual contributors, handling critical issues and driving technical development within our sub-contracted partners.
- Lead global support initiatives within the Tier 2 teams; areas such as new product training, new process/ tool training, new goals, standard methodologies, and so on.
- Represent the Tier 2 teams effectively with other groups, senior-level business executives and customers to create a seamless culture passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Contribute strong, data-backed feedback into product engineering, technical enablement, operational policies, and workflows to ensure Tier 2 challenges are addressed.
- Develop and drive a cross culture program that ensures a consistent and "Splunky" support experience for our customers and partners.
- Initiate or participate in critical initiatives that promote transformational changes aligned with the company vision and mission.
- Understand use cases and workflows to continually assess systems, best practices, tool quality, and suggest areas of improvements to ensure that our Tier 2 team experience and contribution is effortless and efficient.
- Be the subject-matter expert (SME) for our sub-contracted partners, understand their culture, business, challenges, metrics, goals and ongoing development plans.
- Impactful multi-functional Program/Project management experience including planning, scheduling, monitoring, training and development, and reporting.
- Own, track, and report on key performance metrics.
- Communicate effectively, persuasively and concisely at the senior leadership level.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with Business Operation teams to inspire change within defined processes and workflows.
- Retain and attract top talent.
- 5+ years in direct Support Leadership roles
- Minimum of 8 years of high-tech/SaaS or PaaS industry experience, including 5+ in Customer Support operations or support delivery
- Bachelor’s degree required, technical, business or marketing degrees preferred or equivalent work experience demonstrated through years in role and career progression
- Experience working with partner organizations
- Proven track record of execution and delivering results
- Must possess a passion for customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience working in a matrixed organization
- Prior experience with analytics and understanding of support metrics and Key performance indicators
- Strong documentation and presentation skills including creative thinking and willingness to work hands-on to deliver impactful outcomes
- Strong customer orientation and a passion for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction and support service delivery
- Active listening skills to ensure that feedback drives new initiatives and identifies areas of improvement
- Excellent people skills, including negotiation, communication and persuasion skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
Nice to have
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects, including strategic customer support programs from inception to successful rollout
- Demonstrated experience driving partner support ecosystems in an international company for technical and customer support processes including support process and governance.
- Prior experience with governance practices of support and service partners.
- Partner ecosystem and program experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.