Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. We think about data and the delivery of data differently. That's because unlocking the power of enterprise data creates new opportunities for innovation and builds a competitive advantage.
As a Director of Software Engineering for the Enterprise Integration team, within the IT Business Applications group, you will play a key role in the success of our data integration strategy that directly impacts critical internal business processes that run our $2B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for driving the overall technical vision, implementation, and delivery that your team produces to meet our vision of a Programmable Enterprise. You will need to use your technical integration knowledge, API expertise, and deep experience delivering features using Agile methodologies. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an agile delivery framework and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the company.
- Lead a team of accomplished application integration and API software engineers (full-time and contingent) to develop next-generation Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform for the company.
- Collaborate on strategic implementation plans while balancing the daily needs of the business.
- Manage the financial budget for enterprise integration projects and software subscriptions and/or licenses.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and contingent) to scale the program and meet customer demand.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Act as a Scrum Master for one or more delivery teams.
- Champion Agile methods and practices, such as pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous delivery.
- Supervise the delivery of high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood and easily supported by others.
- Participate in project core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies across delivery teams.
- Partner with Product Managers and Program Managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives.
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that measure team performance against organizational objectives.
- Coach team members to progress their personal and professional goals.
- 10+ years of management experience within IT application development environments
- 5+ years of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware domain experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects.
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment.
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing individuals to meet career objectives.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation abilities.
- A current Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Francisco and San Jose offices to meet with key partners.
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified people will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying to.