Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Director of Sales Development, you will own the overall inbound business development and outbound prospecting strategy and execution. You will lead the SDR and BDR Managers and teams to work collaboratively with Marketing and Sales leadership, and continuously improve demand generation. We require a leader who emphasizes data in decision-making to align metrics to business objectives. We expect the Director of Sales Development to guide the overall vision for inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline creation, with executive discretion in team design, operational design, and leader development.
We rely on the Director of Sales Development to lead the overall strategy for acquiring inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline, align with marketing and sales leaders to consistently deliver qualified prospects and customers, and design the workflows for SDRs and BDRs engaged in promoting Splunk solutions. This will be your #1 priority!
You will also be responsible for sales development metrics and outcomes, making sure they are met on a regular basis by reviewing progress with leaders and other Splunk teams. As a people leader, you will guide the BDR and SDR talent and managers to deliver an outstanding career experience. We expect leaders to inspire and motivate managers to exceed their team goals and pipeline, and you will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and developing SDRs and BDRs with cold calling, prospecting, follow-up calls and booking meetings.
- Overall around 15 years of combined sales/sales management with recent SaaS management experience
- 7+ years of Sales experience in a SaaS space
- 5+ years of Leadership experience running and growing lead gen teams (SaaS enterprise space)
- 3+ years of Leadership experience with SDR and BDR managers or leaders
- History of achieving pipeline creation and opportunity creation at or above stated quota and goals
- Excellent presentation and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively with multiple senior management and C-level contacts
- Strong operational rhythm, with a history of re-build or ground-up build experience
- Deep experience managing and analyzing lead gen datasets, presenting findings and recommendations, and anomaly detection
- Superior tech skills, including Salesforce.com, Google Sheets, Outreach.io, Chat, Marketing Automation and Dialer platforms
- Experience with guiding and mentoring leaders
- BS/BA degree in Business preferred, or equivalent experience, with excellent follow up skills and professionalism
- Located in /near the Plano, Texas office or Tampa Florida. This is not a remote position and will require this leader already located in or open to relocation to the Plano/Dallas or Tampa area.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.