The Director of Product Support will lead Splunk’s support mission to deliver outstanding customer experience through improved product engagement, specialized skills training, customer technical health, competitive offerings and customer adoption. In this role you will lead a team of specialized enablement team members focused on support release readiness, lead all aspects of support offering road-map planning, participate in the support lifecycle of Splunk products and develop data-drive programs to focus on and advocate for product quality and support productivity.
Reporting to the VP, Global Technical Support; the Director of Product Support is an analytical thinker with technical knowledge and experience in developing data-backed proposals and objectives focused on overall product improvements, customer and field feedback, issue trends and delivering knowledge and content to the right teams at the right time.
- Define and execute support offerings strategy to improve the value of Splunk support that drives differentiation in the market.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to identify, define, recommend and drive supportability changes in products and processes.
- Apply analytics to data; evaluate and develop supportability and product related deflection insights and recommendations in collaboration with Support, Product and Engineering teams. Identify tendencies and repeat cases where in-product and documentation improvements will drive deflection and an improved customer experience.
- Build key technical health performance indicators, objectives and key results for all organizations involved. Obtain alignment and influence cross-functionally to meet these outcomes.
- Drive product integration with support tools to provide better support experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to prioritize the required features of future products and ensure that these products launch with quality, ease of use and ease of support.
- Ensure that the Support organization is accurately informed and trained to support the new product releases.
- Act as a customer experience champion and supportability leader with vision within the company and remain up-to-date on industry standard methodologies.
- At least 8-10 years of technical product support, software development or software product management experience; recognized leader.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering initiatives from conception through completion.
- Ability to communicate with and influence diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels and functional teams (e.g. Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Customer Success, Global Support).
- Demonstrated sense of accountability and ownership in an environment that requires the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, business judgment and understanding of customer support principles and key metrics that drive supportability.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt in fast-paced, changing environments.
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn.
- Strong ability to analyze sometimes abstract, incomplete, or conflicting data without getting bogged down in minutia.
- Strong financial and business sense, critical thinking, decision-making abilities.
- Work well in fast-paced changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Prior leadership roles in Supportability
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.