Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
In this role, you will lead a team of product marketing professionals to drive the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk’s products and solutions in the Internet of Things (IoT) Operations space. You will lead the team contributing to thought leadership, launching new solutions, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. Your team will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases in these markets, building the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
Be part of a fast-growing, dynamic and market-leading enterprise technology company. Bring your strong experience in product and solution marketing, entrepreneurial orientation, and deep IoT and IT domain expertise.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Be a key part of the Internet of Things (IoT) Markets leadership team, define market strategy, and drive marketing efforts for building market awareness, the Splunk brand, lead gen, and increasing sales in the IoT Operations, OT Security, IoT Applications, and verticals like Manufacturing and Healthcare.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, press communications, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, sales and channel training, online marketing, etc.
- Work across IoT Markets Group to help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, analyst briefings, etc.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing his/her expertise in specific sales situations.
- Lead IoT Markets Product Marketing team including hiring and development of talent.
Required Skills and Background: I've already done that or have that!
- Highly relevant domain expertise—industry experience in IoT, IT Operations, and related markets.
- 10+ years product marketing experience in relevant enterprise IoT software.
- 3+ years of experience managing people.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of technologies and solutions in IoT monitoring marketplace and the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is strongly preferred.
- You are a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Strong leadership skills, great teammate and a person who can inspire and lead in a diverse team in experiences and background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team management skills.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the relevant location.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.