Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Director of Product Management within the IT Business Applications group, you will lead a small but growing team of PMs responsible for a portfolio of internal custom applications used across diverse line of business, such as sales, marketing, customer success, human resources, recruiting, and products, to run our $2B+ and growing business. You already led teams to build successful products – both mobile and web - in agile software development environment. You will guide new product development through all stages of the product life cycle, from identification of customer needs and product definition through development, launch, and sustainment. This is a highly cross-functional role in which you will be responsible for shaping our overall product strategy, roadmap, and methods and practices for your team to support achievement of company business goals.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are valuable for this role for promoting ideas throughout the company.
- Lead and encourage a team of accomplished product managers, enabling high performance and removing obstacles to attainment of their objectives
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent to scale the function and meet business goals
- Guide the development of product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a broad portfolio which includes: web/mobile applications, integrations, and CIAM products
- Lead PM efforts across teams from ideation through launch, and continuing through ongoing maintenance and support
- Serve as an inspiring IT leader for innovation to our internal business partners while offering the simplest and the best UX for our products that serve thousands of employees and customers
- Facilitate decision-making across cross-functional teams to deliver products that drive business agility and growth
- Discover new product opportunities across our lines of business
- Implement best-in-class product management processes to increase team velocity, quality, and accountability
- Champion agile practices for the product management function, who play the Product Owner role, to increase adoption and maturity within our Agile@SplunkIT framework
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that measure product capabilities against business goals
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level partners
- 10+ years of product management experience within IT or Product environments
- 5+ years of experience building, leading and developing a team of high-performing product managers (direct reports)
- 5+ years of experience building innovative web and mobile solutions with particular strengths in developing impactful user experiences
- Proven ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- Skilled in providing analysis and estimation of the strategic and financial value of new products and features
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred. An MBA is highly preferred.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.