Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Global Business Operations provides structure to enhance decision-making and governance, enables effective prioritization of initiatives across our business, and ensures alignment between Splunk’s corporate priorities & initiatives and the functional teams responsible for execution.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for managing a mix of internal and outsourced (on-shore & off-shore) resources to achieve Splunk’s scalability goals.
As a Leader of Global Business Operations - Sales Support, you will lead the design, implementation and execution of our new Sales Support team. This team will have two distinct functions:
- Supporting Splunk’s sales force during the transition to a SaaS model, and ensuring data and deal integrity in Splunk’s CRM tool
- Supporting sales users during and post implementation of new sales productivity / CPQ tools
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and implement the sales support team responsible for ensuring data hygiene of sales opportunities, and enforcing policies and processes to ensure accurate opportunity data quality
- Own the initiative from concept, vendor selection, playbook development, training, to proof of concept.
- Scale the sales support team from pilot to fully operational team offering global support to our entire sales force.
- Transition and scale the current hypercare team supporting our new sales productivity tools, as those tools grow in functionality and global reach.
- Manage operational performance/business productivity for the sales support teams. Accountable for SLAs, KPIs, quality and cost.
- Build strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders to maintain alignment and drive operational excellence - primarily with sales and renewals.
- Establish an escalation paths for the sales support teams with a cross-functional group of stakeholders - finance, sales and sales operations.
- Leverage data from hypercare support calls to create feedback loops to identify enablement, technical and functional opportunities for improvement.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement of the sales support processes and partnering with IT and other stakeholders to execute on those.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining reports, dashboards and presentations for on the productivity of the Sales Support teams, as tracking to SLAs, KPIs.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent work experience or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in business operations, sales support operations, or similar operations management business role supporting a high-growth SaaS/Cloud environment
- Experienced with Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, or similar CRM and CPQ platforms
- Experience with sales motion and how to best support the sales force through a transition to a new business model and performance metrics
- Experience managing outsourced vendors - on-shore and/or off-shore teams
- Experience as a decision maker where you were accountable to deliver outcomes that could be easily evaluated.
- Holds themselves to the highest standards of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work with senior leadership across various geographies and functions
- A detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- A natural leader with a positive attitude and influencing skills that is able to build and organize large teams of people to work cooperatively and effectively
- Proven success in program and operations management
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills to handle a multitude of disparate responsibilities with an action-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated experience in leading major components of an organizational transformation initiative; including strategy, structure, methods, resources/skills, etc.
- Performance management of direct reports including monitoring, coaching, and career advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.