Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director of Financial Systems – ERP will work in partnership with internal and external teams, to drive execution of the ERP Implementation, providing expertise in the design and delivery of the Finance Transformation Roadmap. Reporting to the VP, WW Controller, you will bring technical, process and strategic leadership in pursuit of bringing business value to our internal partners and customers. You will be required to quickly understand the depth and breadth of internal organizational functions and processes, but also provide thought leadership, identify technology, resources or vendors that will compliment, innovate and make valuable contributions to strategic initiatives.
Are you passionate about ERP implementations, having lead similar efforts in the recent past? Do you have a clearly demonstrated track-record of success managing complex cross-functional Finance, IT, or business transformation programs on a global scale? Are you experienced in end-to-end business process transformation, service delivery models and the integration of technology to optimize organizational performance?
- You will spearhead Finance’s ERP implementation efforts, applying your expertise and knowledge of financial processes and standard methodologies.
- Be a functional guru by leading all aspects of the transformation process, collaborating with executive leadership and successfully working with key business partners.
- Drive execution transformation program including roadmap design, service delivery model, business case, project milestones and deliverables while incorporating best practices and technology solutions.
- Help scope and design a holistic ERP solution that meets the needs of Splunk's fast-changing, rapidly growing businesses, leverage the latest trends in technology / automation.
- You will develop the roadmap and prioritization of processes that would benefit from Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and work with business teams to ensure optimal implementation and adoption of RPA.
- Establish a team of ERP champions, whose success is defined by the delivery of a new end to end platform.
- Provide mentorship and team leadership to ensure the successful implementation, ongoing maintenance, administration and continued improvement of the ERP system. Actively lead and engage at both the strategic and detailed program levels.
- Participate in change management activities associated with process improvement, engaging leadership and partners to obtain support and consensus for a change.
- Develop performance metrics to measure the impact of implemented process changes.
- Help implementation partners and consultants to facilitate success, ensure accountability, execute timeliness, maintain governance and continuously facilitate change as you deliver on-time, quality results.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives and provide recommendations accordingly.
- You will work cross functionally to ensure development and implementation of appropriate processes, operations and systems.
- Provide strategic and operational oversight on the future design and approach to scaling Splunk’s SaaS business.
- You will facilitate the decision-making of key partner, operational, and executive steering committee meetings.
- Lead weekly communication with cross functional partners to keep in alignment, while resolving conflicts. Ensure that you and your partners stay tuned to the true north of the project's objectives and outcomes as it pertains to meeting business needs, company goals and initiatives.
- Identify, communicate, and raise project issues and risks promptly and formally.
- You will drive risk mitigation plans in close collaboration with Business and IT, PMOs and Executive Leadership.
- Consummate Finance professional, with a minimum Bachelor’s Degree and 15+ years of related experience, or Master’s Degree with 12+ years experience with 5+ years demonstrated experience leading business process transformations.
- You have experience in large scale Finance ERP implementations, preferably in fast-growing software or SaaS
- You bring strong functional knowledge of Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Order to Cash, Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Operations.
- You have strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skill.
- You have the ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level and affect change at all levels of the organization.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and a high threshold for fun.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.