Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and technology. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This Director for Engineering, is a newly created role within Splunk's Developer Platform Products division. Success will be measured by the ability to build teams, and provide clarity of direction to them as and they navigate the overall engineering strategy. You will have the opportunity to seamlessly integrate within Splunk’s deeply innovative culture, while rapidly contributing to our extraordinary record for successfully delivering the most widely recognized and market leading solutions. You are a seasoned leader with a history for building and leading both established and emerging engineering talent, while fostering an environment of inclusion, inspiration, and innovation.
We are a dynamic technology team with a forward-thinking mission. If you possess a passion for result driven leadership, and embrace the charter for redefining success metrics, then this position is for you. We are building state-of-the art technologies; engineering systems; support tools and automation instrumentation that will fundamentally revolutionize how our customers successfully bring to bear data to improve their businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies.Want this job?
We are looking for a tried, seasoned engineering leader to build and lead these engineering platform teams. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of Splunk's data analytic SaaS platform. You will be building the teams and driving innovation on how users and developers interact and use Splunk's SaaS data analytics platform.
You will contribute to our mission of empowering Splunk's Platform Developers to deliver data analytic apps and services at scale. You will lead the teams that will be chartered with creating engineering systems that developers use for application and service developmentIn this role, you will be responsible for the following –
- Collaborate with all of the platform engineering leaders, and provide clarity to your teams on dependencies and collaboration points.
- Lead engineering for developing engineering systems, tooling and client side components that enable ease of use of the Splunk SaaS development platform.
- Deliver service, customer and performance monitoring platform for Splunk's applications and services
- Build technology that enables an application framework and environment for developers to be incentivise to build state of the art application on top of Splunk's SaaS developer platform.
- Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
- 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience on teams developing Software as a Service platform.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with distributed accountability and unclear precedents.
- Deep understanding of continuous development practices, orchestration, release, source control and workflow management ecosystems.
- Consistent track record of delivering scalable, global, efficient and reliable software services and products.
- Understand how developer productivity tools like SDKs, Libraries, and Developer Portals fit in with services and APIs.
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends; developer preferences and challenges.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.