Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Director of Customer Experience Data & Insights to join our passionate, fun and innovative Customer Success organization and build the next generation experience for our customers!
In this role, you will lead Splunk’s mission to deliver a seamless customer experience across all stages and touchpoints in the customer journey with passion, collaboration and data.
You and your team will help us develop a deeper understanding of our customers and partner with the broader Customer Experience ecosystem to build experiences that drive higher customer satisfaction, customer retention, new business growth and expansion.
You’ll work across customers, Customer Success (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Support and Education), Product Management, Marketing, Legal and IT to achieve these outcomes. We are looking for a leader who will challenge the status quo, lead with a customer first mentality, develop processes, tools and innovative ways of thinking to drive Customer Experience with data.
- Define and implement a Customer Experience Analytics strategy to drive best in class experience. Communicate vision to key partners & executives and gain commitment from others
- Lead your team to structure customer experience questions/problems into data & analytics plan and execute
- Translate data-driven findings (from sentiment and customer behavior analysis) into measurable insights and communicate them to key partners to guide Customer Success & Product strategy and fuel decision-making.
- Build models and reports that allow others to interact, utilize and better understand and take action on the underlying data/insights
- Prioritize and manage a wide variety of data requests and analytics deliverables across the Customer Success organization
- Enable a connected data view (C360) of customer behavior and interactions, customer sentiment / VOC, and third party data to develop deeper insights about our customers
- Partner with product and IT teams to ensure accurate data and reporting infrastructure is in place to enable seamless delivery of analytics and insights across the organization
- Serve as a CX thought partner for individuals across Product and Engineering teams to influence the product data (i.e. telemetry) roadmap
- Provide input into Splunk’s overall customer experience strategy development and surface data to advise what the broader CX priorities for the company should be
What you bring:
- Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving in a hyper-growth fluid operating environment.
- Hypothesis Driven Analytics Approach: You can lead your team to translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses, create experiments and/or analysis to test them, and generate impactful recommendations based on the findings
- Strong aptitude for data ecosystems and strategy: you can recognize patterns, connections, and relationships across the Splunk business and customer variables. You make connections across data sets to help others understand the broader C360 ecosystem
- Work history of translating data insights into business recommendations that directly impacted customer sentiment, retention, expansion, and other key performance indicators
- You can bring data to life and inspire action and understanding by communicating sophisticated data & insights with simple and clear visualizations
- Interpersonal, networking and influencing skills: Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver results. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners at every level and influence prioritization of initiatives critical to enabling the right data/analytics foundations for great customer experiences. You embrace change and have a demonstrable ability to motivate and influence across functions.
- You can hire, develop, train and build a high-performing customer data & insights team that effectively aligns with the broader customer experience strategy.
- 10+ years of professional experience leading data analytics teams, with a deep understanding of explanatory power of data and hypothesis-driven analyses.
- 5+years experience working in the analytics and insights space at a scaled B2B organization delivering great customer experiences, preferably in customer success or customer experience organizations
- Proven experience across the spectrum of descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analytics
- Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools
- Experience in machine learning tools and techniques
- Experience developing and working on larger scale analytics / big data implementations
- Degree in qualitative field preferred: Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.