EMEA – Director - IT Sales Specialists
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
You will be responsible for Splunk's IT Operations bookings in the EMEA sales theater and assist in developing and executing the go to market strategy for Splunk IT solutions by leading a team of IT Sales Specialists. As a IT sales leader you will also act as the liaison representing EMEA business needs for IT to the market group through the Global IT Specialist leader. You will develop and execute a supporting business plan that is fully aligned with the IT business unit. You have a solid understanding of Splunk’s IT solutions. You bring management experience in leading teams focused on helping customers solve their complex cybersecurity challenges. This role will report to the leader of the Global Leader of IT Sales Specialist.
This role will report to the leader of the Global Leader of IT Sales Specialization.
Locations: We are happy to look at someone based in the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France or Sweden.
- Lead the IT Sales Specialist team in EMEA helping the field organization and Splunk partners executing to build, grow and speed IT pipeline to close.
- Deliver key services like account planning and strategy, customer facing workshops, specialist presentations, enablement, and domain specific issues to achieve business goals and customer success.
- Evangelize the IT solutions portfolio internally and externally via workshops, webinars, and SplunkLive! to customers, prospects, and partners.
- Use our Specialist and Sales methodology and established processes effectively while assisting in their evolution.
- Assist in the evolution of Splunk’s selling, customer adoption, and success through innovation and automation designed to drive scale in IT.
- Lead, report, and analyze the pipeline and forecast for the IT business.
- Represent the Splunk IT business unit to the field and partner community and help unify our GTM strategy.
- Establish and maintain credibility with the field as IT subject matter experts providing incremental value to the sales motion, customer adoption, and success.
- Hire the right team of specialists to match our culture and fuel our growth.
- Be a good corporate citizen – provide a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 7+ years leadership, including second line manager experience building and running enterprise IT sales teams with customer-facing responsibilities; ability to grow and scale upward with the company
- 15+ years of high-tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting (and excellent reputation within the IT world as a leader)
- Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role.
- Excellent understanding of the cloud IT operations and trends.
- Must have strong knowledge of the overall IT & security landscape.
- Strong background in Internet infrastructure, security, and enterprise solution software required, web-based applications a plus.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.