Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The right candidate for the head of HRIS & Workforce Analytics role is passionate about driving strategic planning, implementation, project management, and supporting key HR technology and Workforce Planning initiatives across the enterprise with a focus on enabling strategic talent and business outcomes.
Building world-leading People technology and data analytics programs is no small task. We have a lot of ground up work to do and opportunity for growth and development. We need you to thrive in a dynamic environment and bring an established track record in the HR systems & technology space. Working collaboratively, thinking strategically, being willing to roll up your sleeves, and tapping into your ability to conceptualize, develop, drive, coordinate and manage systems and teams will be vital to success in the role. Splunk is a high-growth environment - you will need to enjoy working in a fast-paced, engaging environment.
- Lead the development and implementation of our HR technology and automation strategy and roadmap.
- Find opportunities to enhance the employee experience and optimize the businesses’ ability to improve people processes and make more informed talent decisions through technology-enabled solutions and access to data and analytics.
- Improve the assessment, delivery, and support of People systems and tools that support current and future business needs such as system implementations, data migrations, integrations, system upgrades, patches, etc.
- Design a data driven, yet practical approach to define strategies. Create a framework to track overall health of organizations over time.
- Advise on the integration of new features and applications into the work environment and use guiding principles and continuous improvement philosophy to uphold the strategy and execution of People transformation initiatives
- Create and implement an enterprise workforce analytics strategy that provides both operational and strategic reporting and data analysis support (HR data governance, reporting and dashboards, employee sentiment analysis, predictive modeling and workforce planning) to business users/leaders
- Apply appropriate techniques in research, quantitative analysis and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and help the organization recruit, grow and retain talent
- Partner with HR team and other partner teams (e.g. payroll, IT) to influence the creation and implementation of high quality, actionable data in new technology and processes and ensure operational readiness based on enterprise/solution architecture best practices
- Utilize strong storytelling capabilities to communicate statistical analyses and results, as well as the people and business implications to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide consultative insights and actionable recommendations on key people trends to executive leadership
- Empower HR business partners/managers with improved tools and training to easily access, understand and take action on people data
- Investigate, fix and resolve complex issues that arise regarding import/export of system data.
- Supervise the creation of ad-hoc and scheduled reports and audit processes.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of data security ensuring compliance.
- You have 12 + years relevant experience: BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture, to understand and integrate disparate ideas and interests, and to develop a long-range vision and multi-year roadmap and innovative solutions
- You have experience on the ground managing major SaaS-based HRIS products (e.g., Workday, Jobvite), with general familiarity with the future direction of these platforms and functionality likely in future releases
- You love to problem-solve, plan, and execute, including a desire to get in the weeds as needed to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You work effectively with partners from across functional areas, by creating collaborative relationships, establishing credibility, and motivating/influencing others
- You enjoy partnering with HR function and global teams to define business requirements and translate business needs into multi-year and tactical system implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling and resource planning
- You understand complexities of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they impact HR systems
- You are competent at using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the efficacy of programs, interventions, and efforts for a large organization, with demonstrated aptitude in data analytics, queries, metrics and reporting
- You are communicative and effective at navigating change management, including the ability to translate technical jargon/concepts for a lay audience, and to actively inform, convince, influence, and educate executives, cross-functional stakeholders and team members
- You are energized by the opportunity to lead and inspire the team to ensure the effectiveness of process for prioritizing system enhancements, new functionality, as well as to influence, guide and convince; has a history of having been a thought-leader who people follow and admire.
- You are passionate about building Splunk knowledge and partnering with our “Splunk on Splunk” team to use our own technology in new ways. Work on programs that drive innovation, strategy and thought leadership that supports us as being customer number one of our own products.
- You're a trusted advisor and partner with senior HR and business leads to understand their operational issues and opportunities (business processes),and create technical solutions to scale business operations and ensure compliance.
- You manage HR applications on a worldwide basis (e.g., Workday, HighGround, CultureAmp, Jobvite) and partner with IT, Payroll, and vendors in support of HR systems requirements including system upgrades (to ensure that the utilized SaaS platforms are managed and interfaces to integrated systems are maintained),
- You serve as steward of user experience for HR's systems; monitor system adoption and user feedback; develop processes, tools, support materials, and training
- You are responsible for the design, implementation and support of HR systems with the goal of leveraging technology and adopting best practices from benchmark companies to improve overall HR efficiency
- You evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies (e.g. RPA, AI, ML, etc.) to enhance end-user productivity and employee experience, as well as to improve the capabilities and usability of existing systems.
- You have domain expertise on People technical projects as a Product Owner, understanding how technology can enhance strategic objectives of an organization.
- You have experience handling sensitive, confidential information
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.